OT: Springer putting UCONN baseball on the map | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Springer putting UCONN baseball on the map

Reaction Score
He is making UConn look good. We need that right now. Can't just rely on the UConn women. I hope UConn brings him back for sime recognition during a basketball game this year. It should probably be a women's game for the positive energy and likely positive outcome.

Reaction Score
He is making UConn look good. We need that right now. Can't just rely on the UConn women. I hope UConn brings him back for sime recognition during a basketball game this year. It should probably be a women's game for the positive energy and likely positive outcome.
Or the Nova or WSU game

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
He and UConn got a shout out on Morning Joe this morning. Is it normal for a player's college affiliation to be so broadcast like his? No complaints since it's the good guys but it seems unusual.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm happy as hell for him and that he is a UConn grad
BUT unlike football or basketball, in baseball the attachment to a college is rarely ever talked about or even known to the general public. Most likely due to the fact that well over 50% either come out of HS or are foreign born.
Congrats George - well deserved

Reaction Score
I'm happy as hell for him and that he is a UConn grad
BUT unlike football or basketball, in baseball the attachment to a college is rarely ever talked about or even known to the general public. Most likely due to the fact that well over 50% either come out of HS or are foreign born.
Congrats George - well deserved
That is changing quite a bit. Even in some article, an Astros pitcher made note of Springer being some kid out of UConn at the very beginning

Reaction Score

You just had to go there on this reply didn't you? Should be proud, maybe should have posted it on the womens board and then stayed there with your tude.

Reaction Score
Charlie Morton, the Pitcher who closed the last 3-innings of game out for Houston, is also from Connecticut. He attended Joel Barlow High School in Redding.
Not a bad night for Connecticut High School Baseball.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Where did George attend high school?

Reaction Score
He and UConn got a shout out on Morning Joe this morning. Is it normal for a player's college affiliation to be so broadcast like his? No complaints since it's the god guys but it seems unusual.
Scarborough isn’t from CT but lives here and trumpets CT stuff so not surprised.

Reaction Score
He and UConn got a shout out on Morning Joe this morning. Is it normal for a player's college affiliation to be so broadcast like his? No complaints since it's the god guys but it seems unusual.

I think it may just be that we're listening for it with him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom