OT; SOX' SEASON DEPENDS ON LACKEY BEATING THE YANKEES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here it is:​

Waquoit wrote:

doggydaddy wrote:

20-30 points.

If we split the difference and make .295 the O/U, I'll bet you a $100. donation to the Pat & Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center that Jeter hits under.
Everyone wins with this bet. You're on.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Facts? Here is a "fact" for you. Bases loaded, no outs and "R Martin grounded into triple play, third to second to first, N Swisher out at third, J Posada out at second."

Martin is one of the biggest holes in the lineup and grounding into a triple play with bases loaded isn't exactly the epitome of clutch.
As it didn't happen in a game that meant anything it is difficult to argue for or against his being clutch based on that one play.

On ESPN this morning I heard one of their baseball guru's (I think Olney) say that this is the second year in a row that the Red Sox have baseball's highest payroll and they may well miss the playoffs both times. At least when we spent more money than anyone else we did make the playoffs (and had a stretch where we won the WS in a sweep or near sweeep every year).

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Waqy - "If we split the difference and make .295 the O/U, I'll bet you a $100. donation to the Pat & Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center that Jeter hits under.
Everyone wins with this bet. You're on."

Pay up. He's 162-543. .298 and change.

Yanks will give him a shot at .300. 2-4 will do it. So will 2-3 or 2-4.

If he goes 0-3 to start the game, they will take him out. And even 0-4 has him hitting .296.

Write the check!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox