OT: Some Strange Things Bug Me | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Some Strange Things Bug Me

JS

Reaction Score
Please kill this thread.
Chose instead to delete posts that violated the rules and leave the thread open.

Very strange that the thread devolved into glaring politics that went on for a couple of days and, while people expressed surprise at the lack of mod action during the course of the thread, no one was proactive enough to file a Report or send us a PM.

So happens that until about 10 minutes ago, obviously, none of us mods read the thread. In my own case I've been super-busy the last several days.

No offense Rocky, but the title of the thread seems innocuous. One of your whimsical OT threads, off-season particularly, in which I occasionally participate. No clue to what lay within, and nobody, including you, brought it to our attention.

In the more relaxed summertime, I personally rely more heavily on looking for those literal red flags -- signifying Reports and Private Messages -- when I open the board.

Speaking of taking offense, I do take offense at the suggestion made at one point in the thread that whether we leave up a political post depends on its slant. Absolutely false.

One might consider an explanation of negligence, to which I've admitted, and take note that political posts on both sides of the political spectrum went equally un-moderated.

Which brings us to consequences. And in the spirit of better late than never, suspensions from posting of varying lengths have been handed out to the worst offenders, starting with the author of the first post that diverted the thread to politics.e

People, by the way, who start their post by saying "I know this is against the rules, but . . ." get extra demerits for blatancy.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I'm a perfect example of a reired person who moves to Florida and drives slowly. I do it because I love to grumble to myself while being tailgated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom