OT - Solution for the One and Done?? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - Solution for the One and Done??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Almost nothing here makes sense for the NBA

You keep saying this, but when I counter that a player can get better coaching/training in college than he could in China, Australia, Spain, Germany, or the D-League, you have yet to respond. Tthey need to make changes to the game (reduced shot clock, better/tighter officiating) etc, but if/when they do, the borderline players that are drafted will be better off developing another year or two in college than they would be overseas.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You keep saying this, but when I counter that a player can get better coaching/training in college than he could in China, Australia, Spain, Germany, or the D-League, you have yet to respond. Tthey need to make changes to the game (reduced shot clock, better/tighter officiating) etc, but if/when they do, the borderline players that are drafted will be better off developing another year or two in college than they would be overseas.

I didn't feel like typing. It's only a couple dozen players a year that matter to them. They don't care about marginal guys like Daniels.

If guys like Mudlay became a trend it would matter to them - but until it does it's just not a big deal.

It's not like they encourage internationals to come play college basketball.

There is a reason they don't make any of these changes and the one change they seem interested in is just increasing the age limit another year.

The NBA needs rules to keep their inept owners from running teams into the ground. It's why things like the Stepien rule still exist.

Reaction Score
I didn't feel like typing. It's only a couple dozen players a year that matter to them. They don't care about marginal guys like Daniels.

If guys like Mudlay became a trend it would matter to them - but until it does it's just not a big deal.

It's not like they encourage internationals to come play college basketball.

There is a reason they don't make any of these changes and the one change they seem interested in is just increasing the age limit another year.

The NBA needs rules to keep their inept owners from running teams into the ground. It's why things like the Stepien rule still exist.

Then they should just get rid of the second round. Eliminate it entirely, and raise the minimum age to 20 or 21. The Lakers drafting Ater Majok after his stellar career at UConn should have made it obvious to me that the second round is mostly a waste of time. The few guys that make it out of the second round, could/would have made it as free agents. My impetus for this discussion was to give college players more freedom and options in picking between college and the draft, in a way that would also be beneficial to the NBA because they could get the NBA ready players immediately, and let the others get better coaching for a few years in college.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
one and done solution?

If it bothers you, I'll take care of it. What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of their leg right at the bottom. They'll never shoot J's again, because their weight displacement goes back, all their weight is on their right foot, and they'll push everything off to the right. they'll never come through on anything. They'll quit the game.

0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky