OT - Sio Moore | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Sio Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
huskysupporter said:
Don't know how anyone can defend Sio here. Play the game right.

He is the 652648826th NFL player to overcelebrate and the 735163838th NFL player to jaw at another player. I would prefer he tone it down but much ado about nothing really.

Reaction Score
He is the 652648826th NFL player to overcelebrate and the 735163838th NFL player to jaw at another player. I would prefer he tone it down but much ado about nothing really.

I think you're exaggerating just a bit... ;)

Reaction Score
Another Raiders fan here. I gotta say I really think they're going to start turning the corner next year. We've seen tremendous progress this year and they just got stuck with the toughest schedule in the league. Within the next 2-3 years we'll see Peyton retire and the west will become wide open again. The defense should continue to improve once Tyvon is healthy again and we'll have 3 great young defensive players in Branch, Moore and Mack. Haven't seen enough of Hayden yet to judge him. The OL has been serviceable in pass protection but not much in the way of running room though I think Latavius Murray might help them turn the corner. I hope they remain towards the top of the draft and are able to grab Cooper out of Alabama. The coaching hiring this offseason will be huge- I hope the Harbaugh rumors come to fruition.

On the topic of Sio though- yeah he's definitely an idiot for the sack celebration that could have cost them a game however talking trash to a rival QB who has been performing terribly I have no issue with.

Reaction Score
J187Money said:

The embarrassing celebration against the chiefs wasn't so much the celebration, it was the fact he had no idea that doing his patty cake dance might hurt the Raiders because of the situation.

The Kaepernick thing is not common at all. Play the game Sio.

Reaction Score

Trash talking, yes. Celebrating, yes. Putting on a Broadway play twenty yards behind the line of scrimmage that costs your team a Time Out and possibly the game, no.

Also, not targeting Sio or anyone specifically; but, what is it with today's players' need to celebrate after every play? I see safeties strutting around after tackeling a RB who just got a first down off of a 20 yard play. When I was young, players celebrated a sack, a turnover, and TD. A defensive player did not celebrate after a 20 yard gain, he was mad, embarrassed and sulked away.

Reaction Score
Trash talking, yes. Celebrating, yes. Putting on a Broadway play twenty yards behind the line of scrimmage that costs your team a Time Out and possibly the game, no.

Also, not targeting Sio or anyone specifically; but, what is it with today's players' need to celebrate after every play? I see safeties strutting around after tackeling a RB who just got a first down off of a 20 yard play. When I was young, players celebrated a sack, a turnover, and TD. A defensive player did not celebrate after a 20 yard gain, he was mad, embarrassed and sulked away.

I hate all of the in-game celebrating, especially when a team is losing. I'm old school that way. But you can't put the cat back in the bag.

But they did get a TO, and they still won. So lesson learned, and nothing bad happened.

Reaction Score
I think everyone pretty much agrees that Sio needs to tone it down a notch. But what he's doing isn't the worst thing in the history of the NFL. Why bury one of our own?

Reaction Score
I hate all of the in-game celebrating, especially when a team is losing. I'm old school that way. But you can't put the cat back in the bag.

But they did get a TO, and they still won. So lesson learned, and nothing bad happened.

Same here. I did not play football; but did play soccer. I remember a JV game in high school that I assisted on a goal against a very good team. While jumping around and stuff with our heads up our backside, the other team pushed a quick re-start and returned the favor in less than 15 seconds. Lesson learned. From then on, especially as I usually played a defensive central midfield role, if we scored, I allowed myself a very quick fist pump and immediately ran back to my position. Celebrate when the game is won and over. I even do that with the kids (U8) I coach. After warning them after their 2nd goal in one game, 3 of my players got a little too happy after their 3rd goal and started to dancing around and yelling to the other team that 'they stink.' Well, the 3 players got to watch the 3d quarter of the game (we play 4 quarters to allow for a lot of substitutions at this age) from the sidelines. I hope it was a lesson learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom