OT - Sink Handles | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Sink Handles

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Honestly as I get older both two knobs and one handle are becoming problematic. My biggest gripe are the faucets themselves that are so short you keep brushing your hand against the back of the sink while you're lathering up. I like faucets that extend well out and up high into the sink.

But let's not get into the poor bathroom habits of most men. As a NY-er I use a lot of public restrooms and BOY-O, are guys filthy, skulking, nosey lurkers. Few (maybe 6 out of 10) wash their hands after using the toilet and even less (1 out of 10) practice proper hand washing techniques. As someone who worked in the health field for 25 years I was required to be instructed any number of times on proper hand washing, with and without ultraviolet light demonstrations. As a rule I try to never shake hand with guys. I fist bump or nod and smile.
Best invention of modern times -
shopping

Not as a substitute for proper hand washing but as an interim step when washing isn't feasible.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Best invention of modern times -
shopping

Not as a substitute for proper hand washing but as an interim step when washing isn't feasible.
I briefly tried that stuff and it just left a film on my hands that I could feel. Drove me crazy. I'd end up running to a restroom to wash my hands.

The real problem is the constant use and overuse of anti-bacterial products and antibiotics just creates bacteria that is resistant to all and any forms of treatment from those nasty flesh eaters to those staphs like MRSA. It's becoming a real problem with surgeries too making it easier to get pneumonia and nasty yeast infections. All resistant to the most powerful antibiotics. The worst place to stay while you're sick are hospitals, that's where they all congregate.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
where?
Waterbury, Torrington, East Windsor, South Windsor, Bristol, New Haven, Stratford, Stamford, Danbury - the rest are in New York & Massachusetts

Reaction Score
which do you prefer... one handle or 2 knobs?

move to the middle for warm or turn one on a lot and the other a lil to make warm water.

all sinks... or just the bathroom sink, how about the kitchen sink?

Don't EVER let your spouse know you can do plumbing -: Mine had me change out 6 sinks and 4 toilets (sometimes twice in a location) in 5 years. Color co-ordination, don't you know? I hate those ittty bitty short toilets--at times I think I need a parachute.

Reaction Score
Honestly as I get older both two knobs and one handle are becoming problematic. My biggest gripe are the faucets themselves that are so short you keep brushing your hand against the back of the sink while you're lathering up. I like faucets that extend well out and up high into the sink.

But let's not get into the poor bathroom habits of most men. As a NY-er I use a lot of public restrooms and BOY-O, are guys filthy, skulking, nosey lurkers. Few (maybe 6 out of 10) wash their hands after using the toilet and even less (1 out of 10) practice proper hand washing techniques. As someone who worked in the health field for 25 years I was required to be instructed any number of times on proper hand washing, with and without ultraviolet light demonstrations. As a rule I try to never shake hand with guys. I fist bump or nod and smile.

As a Health Field knowledgeable man or woman---you know shaking hands anytime with anyone isn't a smart thing to do. I've done the 3 minute scrub--iodine laced soap-- hand cleanliness for medicals' is important--in the past (and at times today when Md's or support get rushed) germs were/are passed person to person---Wall and Floor detail cleaning is important also--stay out of public restrooms or bring your own disinfectant.

JordyG

Reaction Score
As a Health Field knowledgeable man or woman---you know shaking hands anytime with anyone isn't a smart thing to do. I've done the 3 minute scrub--iodine laced soap-- hand cleanliness for medicals' is important--in the past (and at times today when Md's or support get rushed) germs were/are passed person to person---Wall and Floor detail cleaning is important also--stay out of public restrooms or bring your own disinfectant.
And lastly let's not forget the filthiest part of any room anywhere: The door handles (and the faucet handles). Boy-o, what a place for germs.

Reaction Score
And lastly let's not forget the filthiest part of any room anywhere: The door handles (and the faucet handles). Boy-o, what a place for germs.
I tear off an extra paper towel and use that at the door handle or no. I try to carry a tiny in pocket gel alcohol bottle for the occasions -no paper. I'm not FULLY germophobic--but enough. Hospitals and clinics--are not the safest places either.
In the past --Staph infections ran rampant--because those germs linger on the walls and floors for years--one of my kids (after a hospital stay) brought it home --and it hit everyone of my many kids--luckly neither the wife nor I got it---it lasts a few months of heavy cleaning and kid preps--nasty dangerous infection
I was an Electrical and Or Safety consultant for many hospitals in New England and Ny. In the days of cyclopropane (explosive OR gas) the reason for 4 ft high electrical outlets in OR's.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I tear off an extra paper towel and use that at the door handle or no. I try to carry a tiny in pocket gel alcohol bottle for the occasions -no paper. I'm not FULLY germophobic--but enough. Hospitals and clinics--are not the safest places either.
In the past --Staph infections ran rampant--because those germs linger on the walls and floors for years--one of my kids (after a hospital stay) brought it home --and it hit everyone of my many kids--luckly neither the wife nor I got it---it lasts a few months of heavy cleaning and kid preps--nasty dangerous infection
I was an Electrical and Or Safety consultant for many hospitals in New England and Ny. In the days of cyclopropane (explosive OR gas) the reason for 4 ft high electrical outlets in OR's.
Yeah man. I get it. Nasty and dangerous. I've seen what MRSA can do to a hospital unit. I use paper towels AND the air cleaner, then use the paper to turn off the faucets and open the door. Being a Starbucks fanatic and if there are no paper towels, I use Starbucks tissues and the air dryer. Always.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here's someone with some "sick handles". (I'm assuming you post title was misspelled. Probably autocorrect. )

When Mo improved her shooting as a sophomore, she also became "sink handles." ;)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
One...bathroom and kitchen. I like to be able to turn the water on and off with my forearm at times and that's hard to do when there are two knobs.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Don't EVER let your spouse know you can do plumbing -: Mine had me change out 6 sinks and 4 toilets (sometimes twice in a location) in 5 years. Color co-ordination, don't you know? I hate those ittty bitty short toilets--at times I think I need a parachute.

I HATE plumbing. I always have all my ducks in a row before starting, but I almost never get the job done without another trip to Home Depot. And my house is 50 years old, so none of the cutoff valves works, and the house water supply has to be turned off.

I usually have a little use-or-lose leave at the end of the year, so plan a home project for that time. Last year I replaced two toilets. Easiest job I ever did; I think it took about six hours start to finish. The worst thing was that the flanges were the wrong size for modern T-nuts, so I had to hold the screw ends with channel locks while tightening the nuts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom