OT - Sink Handles | The Boneyard

OT - Sink Handles

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
which do you prefer... one handle or 2 knobs?

move to the middle for warm or turn one on a lot and the other a lil to make warm water.

all sinks... or just the bathroom sink, how about the kitchen sink?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I prefer a hot and a cold knob.

My old school had no hot water in the bathrooms. They didn't even pretend in the men's room.

IMG_0257.JPG

Reaction Score
Two. Being old and resistant to change, I prefer function to fashion. Especially in the shower in hotels and motels, where I am constantly confounded by controls that all look pretty much the same, but all seem to work differently.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Since this is a basketball forum, I at first thought the topic title was a typo and it was going to be about the skills of Prahalis or Shoni Schimmel. #SickHandles
Who?

Reaction Score
I like one. Simpler to adjust. But then, on this board I am a fairly young pup - maybe that is the attraction!
Oddly enough, when I was faucet shopping, one-handles ruled for kitchen sinks but were somewhat rare for bathroom sinks.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
We have handles in all three bathrooms, the laundry and the kitchen. The kitchen one is a single handle. Makes no difference to us.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I somewhat prefer the 1 lever sort, although it doesn't make a lot of difference. Had the single lever in the kitchen forever.

If I had to "hate" on anything, it is the control that is designed to prevent you from scalding yourself. Some of the hotels we stay in (we are on the road right now) have it set way to conservatively. And a couple seem to have issues just with getting hot water to the room.

Oddly enough, recently stayed in a hotel where the hot and cold were reversed from "norm" - but the labels on the knobs were normal. Confusing.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Hey, I work for the largest privately held plumbing distributor in CT. I think you should all change your faucets right away and get the handles you really want.
Which part of th state is this distributor?

Reaction Score
Hey, I work for the largest privately held plumbing distributor in CT. I think you should all change your faucets right away and get the handles you really want.
I like the ones that let water out of them ---that pump handle is really tiresome--and Carrying hot water from the wood stove ,in July, is really tough on the back.
Water out of a faucet in the house ---what shall they think of next-- a privy inside?? Never!

Reaction Score
Actually depends on the sink you buy. wide set has 2 handles, narrow has 1 handle. Your sink determines which you can use.

Reaction Score
I like hot/cold controls over the single unified control. But I prefer hot/cold levers rather than knobs, since you can turn the levers with the back of your hand or whatever, instead of having to grip it with your fingertips.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Here's someone with some "sick handles". (I'm assuming you post title was misspelled. Probably autocorrect. )

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Two. It's difficult to adjust both flow and temperature with one handle.
One in the shower and two elsewhere for exactly the same reason.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
And buy backups.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Honestly as I get older both two knobs and one handle are becoming problematic. My biggest gripe are the faucets themselves that are so short you keep brushing your hand against the back of the sink while you're lathering up. I like faucets that extend well out and up high into the sink.

But let's not get into the poor bathroom habits of most men. As a NY-er I use a lot of public restrooms and BOY-O, are guys filthy, skulking, nosey lurkers. Few (maybe 6 out of 10) wash their hands after using the toilet and even less (1 out of 10) practice proper hand washing techniques. As someone who worked in the health field for 25 years I was required to be instructed any number of times on proper hand washing, with and without ultraviolet light demonstrations. As a rule I try to never shake hand with guys. I fist bump or nod and smile.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom