OT: Sign of the Apocalypse on Tin Can! | The Boneyard

OT: Sign of the Apocalypse on Tin Can!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
PBR, yes PBR, may be going the way of the Dodo! What's PBR you say? The ultimate blue collar beer: Pabst Blue Ribbon. Now I haven't put a can to lips in maybe 30 years, but I cut my teeth so to speak on the stuff and it's cousin Pabst Ale. hy? Cuz it was cheap, but it also had character.

Pabst Blue Ribbon shortage may be looming

I'm headed out now to capture the memory before it's too late!

Is nothing sacred?

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
PBR, yes PBR, may be going the way of the Dodo! What's PBR you say? The ultimate blue collar beer: Pabst Blue Ribbon. Now I haven't put a can to lips in maybe 30 years, but I cut my teeth so to speak on the stuff and it's cousin Pabst Ale. hy? Cuz it was cheap, but it also had character.

Pabst Blue Ribbon shortage may be looming

I'm headed out now to capture the memory before it's too late!

Is nothing sacred?

Can't legitimately comment; not a beer drinker. Prefer absinthe.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For amorous purposes? I hear absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
For amorous purposes? I hear absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

...fonder of another sip , yes. Amorousness was for a younger me.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Yuk and ugh! Do you pour that stuff over a sugar cube or do you guzzle that abomination straight? I'd rather down 3 Rusty Nails in a row than one sip of that stuff.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Back in the day, you could get a 6 pack of PBR Tall Boys for $1.29 at the IGA in Ithaca, NY. After getting utterly hammered (and, ill) after purchasing same, I avoided PBR for over 40 years. Mind you, I got just as "sideways" on Genny Cream Ale and other libations repeatedly, but, those adventures didn't scar me like the PBR did (Iron City did, however:yuck!)

Anyway, a few years back I was in a situation where it was PBR or nuthin', and beer was absolutely required. Much to my surprise, I found it pleasant. I can only surmise that one of us had matured since the Ford presidency.

Reaction Score
I love my PB & J's......could be a side of Jose Cuervo or Jameson. Depend on the out door temps.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Back in the day, you could get a 6 pack of PBR Tall Boys for $1.29 at the IGA in Ithaca, NY. After getting utterly hammered (and, ill) after purchasing same, I avoided PBR for over 40 years. Mind you, I got just as "sideways" on Genny Cream Ale and other libations repeatedly, but, those adventures didn't scar me like the PBR did (Iron City did, however:yuck!)

Anyway, a few years back I was in a situation where it was PBR or nuthin', and beer was absolutely required. Much to my surprise, I found it pleasant. I can only surmise that one of us had matured since the Ford presidency.

Yes the Genny was a staple of the near continuous beer buzz of some of my cohorts high above Cayuga, who would have cases of the stuff stacked in their studies ... er, bars. I cannot recall ever tasting the stuff. Speaking of bars, there was a bar room in the basement of my frat and one year we had a keg continuously on tap. How we made it out alive I'm not quite sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom