OT- Shohei Ohtani | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Shohei Ohtani

Reaction Score
I have 4 words for you...Aaron Judge Gincarlo Stanton
Neither one is getting strikes to hit right now, but they swing anyway. This is why you have tape and a batting coach.

Reaction Score
Great story so far. He made adjustments out of spring training lets see how the league adjusts with more video and scouting available.

Baseball is a game of adjustments and hot/cold streaks. I'm skeptical he can keep the hitting going. Pitching he could prove to be a top of the rotation piece

Reaction Score
I'm a Red Sox fan but anyone dogging Judge and Stanton right now need to take valium.

High K% power hitters characteristically have higher peaks and lower valleys. It's also cold as cold can be out. They'll suck to deal with, sure enough.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Stanton being challenged at the moment with fastball; especially up. New League, big expectations. He'll be fine. I noticed how well the Red Sox hit fastballs last night. They were hitting Severino's fastball in the mid to upper 90's. He just couldn't get his slider over. Still, I thought the Sox can swing the bat. I think it might be the beginning of a new Yankee/Red Sox era and that would be fun. I don't particularly like the home run or nothing mentality and perhaps the metrics it may be based on etc.
Way too many strikeouts but that's the way it's played in this day. How about all the pitchers who can throw in the mid to upper 90's?

Reaction Score
Stanton being challenged at the moment with fastball; especially up. New League, big expectations. He'll be fine. I noticed how well the Red Sox hit fastballs last night. They were hitting Severino's fastball in the mid to upper 90's. He just couldn't get his slider over. Still, I thought the Sox can swing the bat. I think it might be the beginning of a new Yankee/Red Sox era and that would be fun. I don't particularly like the home run or nothing mentality and perhaps the metrics it may be based on etc.
Way too many strikeouts but that's the way it's played in this day. How about all the pitchers who can throw in the mid to upper 90's?
Yeah, Boston fans last night were very riled, ready to bring back the animosity. Partially due to cold night had only the die-hards there, but in general especially with the Celtics on hold for a year and knowledge that we are on borrowed time with Belichick /Brady we need more from the Sox and Sox-Yanks than the milquetoast state of last 5yrs+.

90+: Amongst Sox fans there was a funny Lin-sanity buzz/chant when Tzu-Wei Lin subbed in, but Cessa struck him out easily throwing 95-ish gas

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I'm a Red Sox fan but anyone dogging Judge and Stanton right now need to take valium.

High K% power hitters characteristically have higher peaks and lower valleys. It's also cold as cold can be out. They'll suck to deal with, sure enough.

And Sanchez isn't hitting yet either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom