OT: Sharman White joins Georgia State staff | The Boneyard

OT: Sharman White joins Georgia State staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who is Sharman White? Why is this huge? Is there some connection to UCONN?

Reaction Score
He was the coach of AG's high school team that went to the tourney of the National High Schools championship. His team and AG did quite well(with limited talent besides AG). Lots of UCONN fans were hoping he might join our staff with our present opening.

caw

Reaction Score

Gilbert's high school coach at Miller Grove. Loved Ollie and Moore and was a very good and respected high school coach down in Georgia.

Reaction Score
Caw and 3rdbass:

Thank You. That explains it. I thought his name sounded familiar but I could not place it.
Sounds like a great young coach who is moving up the ranks.

I bet he will be very effective as a coach and recruiter. Look for Georgia State to reel in some good local talent.

I honestly forgot about the opening on our staff. I bet it goes to a "UCONN Guy", which to an extent, I can understand. However, I want the most important criteria to be getting the absolute best young coach and not the best "UCONN Guy" available. If the best possible coach also happens to be a "UCONN Guy" then great. But lets not have the UCONN connection be the main consideration.
Personally, I hope we get someone outside the program, an acre young recruiter type, who can connect with young men and further bump up our recruiting. If the man can also coach the heck out of "Bigs" that's would be awesome too.

Reaction Score
Wow. Honestly most posters here were salivating at the idea of getting him, but didn't think it was realistic . Now it seems completely feasible and I'm dissapointed he isn't the guy replacing Hobbs.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Wow. Honestly most posters here were salivating at the idea of getting him, but didn't think it was realistic . Now it seems completely feasible and I'm dissapointed he isn't the guy replacing Hobbs.

If Ricky ends up moving on to a HC job over the next few years, we could pry White away to keep us strong in GA.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If Ricky ends up moving on to a HC job over the next few years, we could pry White away to keep us strong in GA.
Wow that's actually a nice idea, if it ever came to be. Hope we have Ricky for a long time though, I'm sure he has much to do with the positive defensive development of our guards.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Wow that's actually a nice idea, if it ever came to be. Hope we have Ricky for a long time though, I'm sure he has much to do with the positive defensive development of our guards.

Agreed, I really value Ricky as a part of our staff. But if he keeps doing his job well, other opportunities are bound to open up for him. Let's hope that doesn't come until further down the road.

Reaction Score
My college roommate is a retired business professor from Georgia State. I'd guess they don't have the highest academic standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom