OT: Share something lovely that's happened this week..... | The Boneyard

OT: Share something lovely that's happened this week.....

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Work: I (so far) still have a job. This week I was lucky enough to lead a live on-line professional development with some amazing PreK teachers on Monday. Then on Tuesday, I led three interactive storytellings with their students (and parents). Remember, these are PRE-K students. Watching them all pop up on the screen, holding huge plush toys, describing the model of the Brooklyn Bridge they're building, sitting next to their baby sister, being held on the lap of their father with mom tucked in behind... There are over 15 "screens" for each session. Folks are TRYING to keep life going and support their kids. And it was SO lovely to see their faces.

Home: We're a polite building. Lots of units, so much eye contact and nodding but not a lot of social interaction. Early on in the COVID mess, I'd put up an invitation on the bulletin board that I'd be willing to pick up groceries/medicine if anyone needed support. No asks, so I'd put it out of my mind. Yesterday there was a great confluence of Covid-ness. I was on a zoom meeting with a colleague, rehearsing. Then another colleague called my phone so she could ask my zoom-y a questions. And THEN there was a ....KNOCK?!?!?! at my door. (Never happens) I got up, phone in hand, talking still with my zoom-y and opened the door. Found a down the hall neighbor who asked if I was still willing to pick up stuff. I, of course, said yes and then, as we're talking, one of my cats runs out into the hall. (They do that every now and then - a sudden bout of curiosity followed quickly by a moment of panic as they realize what they've done.) So. Much. Happening. At. Once!

Information is shared, cat is shooed back in and I return to work, having promised to pop down to the drug store. I do so, later and also am able to bring up her Amazon/Chewy boxes. A small moment - but it takes some level of courage to reach out and ask for help. And, at a time when we are so limited in our in-person social interactions, it was quite moving to be asked.

Stay safe, friends. If you can, be gentle with yourself and others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom