OT: Shabazz coffee | The Boneyard

OT: Shabazz coffee

Reaction Score
Shabazz is indeed the man. Loved watching this kid since he was a Frosh. So glad to see him making it in the NBA and now getting sponsorships... go Bazz!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Got a half lb. of Jamaican blue Mountain for Christmas. $40 for a half lb. seems outrageous and I'm hiding it from Christmas guests. Screw them.

JBM is always a dumb purchase. Same with Kona.

As an aside, also owned first coffeehouse in PA to offer Stumptown. I'd tell an amusing Duane Sorensen story, but it's only funny if you're in the industry.

If anyone wants to purchase Stumptown-level coffee roasted in CT, head to NEAT in Darien. Good people. Know what they're doing for high-end coffee better than anyone in the state.

Reaction Score

As an aside, also owned first coffeehouse in PA to offer Stumptown. I'd tell an amusing Duane Sorensen story, but it's only funny if you're in the industry.

If anyone wants to purchase Stumptown-level coffee roasted in CT, head to NEAT in Darien. Good people. Know what they're doing for high-end coffee better than anyone in the state.

I'm not a coffee gourmet and would never spend $80 or more per pound. However nothing but the best for me if I'm at your house. Costco's 100% Colombian is fine for my plebeian tastes.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Better beans and roasters than Willoughby's? Been a loyalist for them for almost 25 years. Never disappointed, and head and shoulders above any others I’ve tried during that time.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Better beans and roasters than Willoughby's? Been a loyalist for them for almost 25 years. Never disappointed, and head and shoulders above any others I’ve tried during that time.

Beans, yes, although Willoughby's does usually have some very good ones in their offerings.

Roasting, I'd say yes, but that depends on whether you like things darker than medium. Willoughby's tries to satisfy every part of the coffee-drinking spectrum. NEAT only the high end.

I like the guys at Willoughby's. Spent better part of a day in their facility a few years ago. I think they've got the only Renegade roaster in New England, although it's overkill for most of what they roast.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Beans, yes, although Willoughby's does usually have some very good ones in their offerings.

Roasting, I'd say yes, but that depends on whether you like things darker than medium. Willoughby's tries to satisfy every part of the coffee-drinking spectrum. NEAT only the high end.

I like the guys at Willoughby's. Spent better part of a day in their facility a few years ago. I think they've got the only Renegade roaster in New England, although it's overkill for most of what they roast.
They nail my taste preference, which is a medium roasted, Central American bean. I do not like dark roast, which is why I've never been a Charbucks fan. Tastes burnt to me.

Willoughby's always has at least one or two of their "Serious Select" beans that are from Central America and are in the $19 to $22 per pound range that are right in my wheelhouse. Right now it's
Costa Rica El Encino Yellow Catuai Natural and for the past couple months before that it was Panama Mama Cata Toña Geisha-Typica. They've got some other special Panamanian ones now that range between $38 and $55 per pound, but I will only get them by the cup when they are on the daily special. I won't spend that much for beans; and I only buy made coffee from them once a week. The other six days I brew it at home with their beans. I also travel with their beans because I've found them superior to 99.9% of the coffee I generally find elsewhere.

Worst part is that I've already ruined my oldest daughter, the only other one in the family who drinks coffee. She's away at school now and is pissed that good coffee costs so much and is so hard to find when her dad isn't making it for her.

Reaction Score
Thank you Stumptown Coffee and Shabazz Napier for giving me something to space out to during those stressful and annoying moments of the holidays. Have a blessed Christmas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom