OT: Serena Williams | The Boneyard

OT: Serena Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Whoops.

Serena may be the current-day Michael Jordan, but Roberta Vinci is now Buster Douglas.

Vinci was + 1,400 against Williams.

Reaction Score
The Boneyard jinx strikes again!

My bad. If I had a twitter or facebook account I would personally apologize.

However when she reads the Yard she will see my apology here, and know I'm the reason.

Reaction Score
I'm hardly an avid tennis watcher, and while it's obviously relatively futile to compare athletes from individual sports like tennis to those from team sports like basketball, I view Serena as more LeBron than Jordan. That's not a criticism, necessarily, just the way I see it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm hardly an avid tennis watcher, and while it's obviously relatively futile to compare athletes from individual sports like tennis to those from team sports like basketball, I view Serena as more LeBron than Jordan. That's not a criticism, necessarily, just the way I see it.

Then who's Jordan?

Reaction Score
Serena is the GOAT, but that was just putrid tennis today. I don't even think Vinci played all that well. Serena just couldn't stop putting the ball in the net. What a disappointment.

Reaction Score
Whoops.

Serena may be the current-day Michael Jordan, but Roberta Vinci is now Buster Douglas.

Vinci was + 1,400 against Williams.
Good comparison with Buster Douglas, this is definitely one of the biggest upsets ever in sports.

Reaction Score
Serena was obviously unhappy. She described Vinci as "playing out of her mind." Poor form, but understandable.
To be horribly hackneyed - this is why they play the games.

Reaction Score
maybe Serena can be consoled by the architect of the NCAA's greatest "3rd place" team of any season, of all-time

Reaction Score
Serena was obviously unhappy. She described Vinci as "playing out of her mind." Poor form, but understandable.
To be horribly hackneyed - this is why they play the games.

I had the opposite reaction. I think saying that "she played out of her mind was a compliment". Vinci herself said that this was the best match of her career. Poor form would have been admitting that she (Serena) played terrible and blew the match.

Reaction Score

I agree. Because LeBron has a body that no one else in the NBA has. Serena is a similar case, no other woman has the combination of strength, speed, agility as Serena.

Jordan was a freak athlete, but it's not like you hadn't seen 6'6" 2 guards throughout the history of the NBA.

Reaction Score
I'm going to take heat for this, but.... while Serena is obviously the best current, she's not the GOAT. I think Steffi beats her at least six out of ten times. And probably Seles too.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The Boneyard jinx strikes again!
Just the opposite. The sauce versus gravy thread brought Italian mojo all the way. Tomorrow sauce plays gravy.
And people laughed at my mojo attempt.

That Da Vinci post game interview was terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom