OT-selling a car on Craigslist | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT-selling a car on Craigslist

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Have you thought of selling it on the phone apps OfferUp, LetGo and Close5? I have found in this age that you get more serious responses then Craglist which whose internet site is so outdated. I get a lot more traffic on those applications when I sold stuff for the home and car audio equipment than Craiglist. Of course you still need to weed through the scams and meet in a safe place. Though those apps have a seller and buyer verification(offerup has it) and rating systems.
Yea but what's their cut? Nowadays all these apps want to nickel and dime everything you do.

CL is still heavily populated, and free. Plus I feel as far as cars for sale by owner, CL is still considered the first choice by car buys.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My theory is that he is still watching you and biding his time. The good news is that you will likely live on as a popular snuff video.
This was a solid 3 years ago. In for the long haul. I gotta respect that.

Reaction Score
Story: I’m trying to sell my late father in law’s car on Craigslist. I’ve sold a few things on CL over the past few years without a hitch.

Now, it is a fact that I have pristine copies of Brothers Karamazov and Anna Karenina on my bookshelf, and I do display old New Yorker magazines on the coffee table. I’m not normally an e-mail snob.

Below are the four (so far) replies to my posting. They have not been edited one bit for the sake of faithfulness and integrity to the original.

· HI do you take offers? im a serious buyer John

· please call me XXX-XXX- (deleted real number)

· I want the car. Plz call me now XXX-XXX-

· Has it been tobacco smoked in? Your pic of the speedometer is too close, it does not show other gauges, & whether it has a tachometer??? I have cash & interest and need a car, Thanxxx

So, my questions are:

Would any of you respond to these potential buyers?? I'm not totally desperate, but I want to sell the car soon.

Don't people use salutations and complete sentences, even on CL?

I’m feeling more and more out of touch with the rest of the country.

Im looking for a car for my daughter who just turned 17 Im tough:) but I dont bite:) If its something decent--just contact me to see what it is maybe I can buy it

Reaction Score
Yea but what's their cut? Nowadays all these apps want to nickel and dime everything you do.

CL is still heavily populated, and free. Plus I feel as far as cars for sale by owner, CL is still considered the first choice by car buys.
Totally free!!! They are still trying to build their population and being funded by private money funds. There is definitely more traffic on these sites for a lot of stuff than Craglist. Craiglist is a dying breed which never embraced the mobile app side. Big mistake.

Reaction Score
That right there is pretty cool. Low stress.. probably actually saves the police money and frustration in the long run..
After Googling this, it appears this has become pretty common. Too bad that it is not more publicized.

Reaction Score
Seem pretty standard. Most people buying cars on CL are scrolling down the listings and are casting a large net so they will email maybe a dozen listings so the emails tend to be brief. I've sold two cars on CL and both were pretty uneventful experiences.
^^^ this. Had a guy call me about tires, and I called him back. When I told him I was the guy selling the tires, he said "which ones?"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom