OT: season end of breaking bad | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: season end of breaking bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
LOL intimidate! Who? Saul? LOL!! The manipulation I'll give you because he's a master at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Flies. Walt intimidates the flies. Walt chases them down obsessively. There's no flies in Walt's ointment . No sir. Dead flies everywhere. 9 of them last episode. Nothing interferes with the cook. NOTHING!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
LOL intimidate! Who? Saul? LOL!! The manipulation I'll give you because he's a master at that.

Oh, this is easy. In the pilot, a couple of meatheads are making fun of Walt Jr. He walked right up to one, guy who was much bigger then him, shoved him to the ground and stepped on his leg. When the guy got up and got in his face, Walt basically dared the guy to take a shot at him. He intimidated the crap out of him. Tuco, in the scene from season 1 with the mercury fulminate. There was also a meth head, a guy who was pretty jacked and tough looking himself, Walt saw buying supplies to cook in season 2. That's just a few off the top of my head. Just watch any scene where he's "Heisenberg."

You can't seem to get past the fact that he used to be a weak-willed chemistry teacher. Maybe you used to watch a lot of Malcolm in the Middle?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Oh, this is easy. In the pilot, a couple of meatheads are making fun of Walt Jr. He walked right up to one, guy who was much bigger then him, shoved him to the ground and stepped on his leg. When the guy got up and got in his face, Walt basically dared the guy to take a shot at him. He intimidated the crap out of him. Tuco, in the scene from season 1 with the mercury fulminate. There was also a meth head, a guy who was pretty jacked and tough looking himself, Walt saw buying supplies to cook in season 2. That's just a few off the top of my head. Just watch any scene where he's "Heisenberg."

You can't seem to get past the fact that he used to be a weak-willed chemistry teacher. Maybe you used to watch a lot of Malcolm in the Middle?

Those are good points. The Tuco scene he clearly had a weapon so that helped. It's hard for me to consider him tough after Jesse beat him up. Jessie. And when Mike punched him in the face he took it. Give Walt a chance to plan something or give him a weapon and he's tough but he can't defend himself once someone is physical with him.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm not saying Walt is an accomplished street fighter. Being tough is about more than that. And Mike is the king of tough, so getting knocked out by him doesn't mean much to me. ;)

Reaction Score
He also poisoned a little kid. That's tough nowadays? Guys come on, he's a freakin' nerd! He's gotten his behind kicked a few times already and preys on weak minded people. That doesn't make you tough. No ones fears him, unless you count his wife. It's a great show but a guy like Walt would have been 6 feet under by now if this were anything remotely close to reality.

Hank is the toughest S.O.B. on that show and the chase is on!

Dude, you made sure you laid claim to thread #20,000 here. Look in the mirror. lol You forgot thread #22,222...

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Dude, you made sure you laid claim to thread #20,000 here. Look in the mirror. lol You forgot thread #22,222...

I got a job.

Reaction Score
Those are good points. The Tuco scene he clearly had a weapon so that helped. It's hard for me to consider him tough after Jesse beat him up. Jessie. And when Mike punched him in the face he took it. Give Walt a chance to plan something or give him a weapon and he's tough but he can't defend himself once someone is physical with him.

Your posts give me a headache. You need to look up the definition of a tough because you clearly have no clue what it means and you sound foolish.

Reaction Score
Couple of points not brought up, what about hanks relationship with his boss? Isn't this case officially over? Hell have to go rogue, no? And a lot of people on here are claiming mike to be a tough guy, but in my opinion he wasn't there mentally. Many times he came off overly cautious/ nervous in situations that would solve themselves. Almost like the game passed him by

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Couple of points not brought up, what about hanks relationship with his boss? Isn't this case officially over? Hell have to go rogue, no? And a lot of people on here are claiming mike to be a tough guy, but in my opinion he wasn't there mentally. Many times he came off overly cautious/ nervous in situations that would solve themselves. Almost like the game passed him by

Mike always seemed like he was a step ahead of every situation when he was in control. The moment Gus died he was a completely different character.

Reaction Score

I would have to disagree here about Mike. Just as a general rule, if you're running a meth business I don't think being "overly cautious" is a problem.

Reaction Score
Walt's success to date has come in large part due to the fact that his opposition had always viewed him as a scrawny chemistry teacher and never truly expected him to pull off much of what he had. Mike never would have let his guard down against an opponent he viewed as formidable.

An enormous twist to the upcoming semi-season is that now someone knows something that Walt does not (Hank having reason to believe Walt had some relationship with Gayle).

I am curious as to whether Hank realizes that it was Walt who gave Jesse his (Hank's) cell number when he had Jesse trapped in the RV. The directions that Hank and Jesse go will play very large roles in the remainder of the series.

One last comment is that it appeared to be a bit too east for Walt to just walk away. There were a few parties (Lydia with the Czech Republic, the Arizona distributors who bought Mike out & the (I'm guessing Neo-Nazi) crew who pulled off the mass executions) who normally aren't easy to terminate business partnerships with.

There are about 10 things that have happened to Hank that immediately point to him going "AHA" in that bathroom. The cell phone call about Marie, Walt's car crash, Hank's bugging of Gus placed by Walt not yielding any suspicious movement by Gus, Walt not being around when Gus is killed, the White's newfound money, etc... If Hank doesn't already know Walt is Heisenberg within a very short time he'll do his typical investigative thought process and get there now that the veil of the old woe is me Chemistry professor Walter has been lifted.

I don't buy for a second that Walt has gotten "out" just because he told Skyler he was out. When has he EVER told her the whole truth!? No question he gets pulled back in and of course there are ongoing complications. If 'they' (Gilligan) were truly representing that he was out clean they would have shown it occur on camera, but this is impossible and not just because of the condensed time frame. You are never out.

Some combo of Hank, Mexican Cartels, Declan, Lydia, Czechs etc are coming for Walter White in the final 8 episodes. My best guess is Walter goes informant and Witness protection as that shields him from all and also gives Hank an out for his complicity (using $ for rehab, not sniffing Walt out sooner), but this show always surprises. Regardless I really hope Walt & Jesse are together for whatever final twist their story takes as those two together provides the most entertaining viewing for me. That said I also want Jesse to ultimately discover Walt's treachery and make him pay - that would be a jump off couch and applaud moment. In contrast my very worst case is Walt is an informant and turns on Jesse directly to put him in jail.

Its weird even though I still kind of root for Walt I wanted him to personally suffer some consequences for all his evil deeds and like everyone else was expecting some massive surprise bloodshed at the much too happy half-season finale poolside party.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Hank busting Walt is probably the end of his career. His boss was fired for having a drug kingpin right under his nose. Hank had 6 figure medical bills paid for with drug money earned by his brother in law. I'm sure Hanks pitch to his boss about his bumbling cancer patient brother in law drug kingpin with no evidence would go over well.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Hank busting Walt is probably the end of his career. His boss was fired for having a drug kingpin right under his nose. Hank had 6 figure medical bills paid for with drug money earned by his brother in law. I'm sure Hanks pitch to his boss about his bumbling cancer patient brother in law drug kingpin with no evidence would go over well.
Another factor I forgot is the very real possibility that someone within the DEA was being paid by Gus Fring. Most recently evidenced by the order that Hank stop tailing Mike Ehmentraut. Possibly everyone who knew of this is now dead but maybe Lydia was in the know or maybe theres's a smoking gun lying around somewhere and this realization puts Hank on the trail towards finding the DEA traitor. This will very likely complicate things when Hank comes in either with plan to trap Walt, admission of Hank's blindness/ties or my theory that Hank tries to turn Walt into a stool pigeon. Combine this with what Mots says and pretty tough to envision a situation where Hank successfully comes out the other end of this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom