OT: season end of breaking bad | The Boneyard

OT: season end of breaking bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guess I was hoping for a better ending. not bad.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I knew gale was gonna end up coming back to haunt walt

Reaction Score
here's the scene from season 4 for those, who like myself, needed a refresher

Reaction Score
I thought it was a very nice set-up for the ending run. The pleasant family scene around the pool was foreboding, and next summer will be Hank vs. Walt. Much like the Tony Soprano, you almost want to see Walt walk away free. But the writers hammered home their point. Walt was ready to poison Lydia, scares the hell out of Jesse and arranges for 9 deaths in the last episode - do you really want to see him "win" vs. Hank? Only quibble - would a meticulous Walt leave a book from GB in his house (or not tear out the dedication page)?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I thought it was a very nice set-up for the ending run. The pleasant family scene around the pool was foreboding, and next summer will be Hank vs. Walt. Much like the Tony Soprano, you almost want to see Walt walk away free. But the writers hammered home their point. Walt was ready to poison Lydia, scares the hell out of Jesse and arranges for 9 deaths in the last episode - do you really want to see him "win" vs. Hank? Only quibble - would a meticulous Walt leave a book from GB in his house (or not tear out the dedication page)?

Walt is nothing like Tony Soprano. Tony was brought up in the Gangster life and was respected and feared. Walt is a scrawny chemist who tries to play a tough guy in Heisenberg. God I can't wait for him to get a bullet to the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Walt plays the tough guy very well. If you can't see that, you haven't been watching.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Walt plays the tough guy very well. If you can't see that, you haven't been watching.

He's a phony. If you can't see that you're gullible.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score

He showed no remorse after a child got shot right in front of him

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
He showed no remorse after a child got shot right in front of him

He also poisoned a little kid. That's tough nowadays? Guys come on, he's a freakin' nerd! He's gotten his behind kicked a few times already and preys on weak minded people. That doesn't make you tough. No ones fears him, unless you count his wife. It's a great show but a guy like Walt would have been 6 feet under by now if this were anything remotely close to reality.

Hank is the toughest S.O.B. on that show and the chase is on!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Walt's success to date has come in large part due to the fact that his opposition had always viewed him as a scrawny chemistry teacher and never truly expected him to pull off much of what he had. Mike never would have let his guard down against an opponent he viewed as formidable.

An enormous twist to the upcoming semi-season is that now someone knows something that Walt does not (Hank having reason to believe Walt had some relationship with Gayle).

I am curious as to whether Hank realizes that it was Walt who gave Jesse his (Hank's) cell number when he had Jesse trapped in the RV. The directions that Hank and Jesse go will play very large roles in the remainder of the series.

One last comment is that it appeared to be a bit too east for Walt to just walk away. There were a few parties (Lydia with the Czech Republic, the Arizona distributors who bought Mike out & the (I'm guessing Neo-Nazi) crew who pulled off the mass executions) who normally aren't easy to terminate business partnerships with.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Good point about Walt's current associates not letting go.
If Walt was smart he would have Saul set him up with the identity eraser and he would disappear with a truckload of cash....however, Mike was spot on with his last speech about Walt's pride ruining everything

Reaction Score
Neither Gus or Mike feared Walt and they both ended up dead at the hands of Walt.

He also poisoned a little kid. That's tough nowadays? Guys come on, he's a freakin' nerd! He's gotten his behind kicked a few times already and preys on weak minded people. That doesn't make you tough. No ones fears him, unless you count his wife. It's a great show but a guy like Walt would have been 6 feet under by now if this were anything remotely close to reality.

Hank is the toughest S.O.B. on that show and the chase is on!

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Neither Gus or Mike feared Walt and they both ended up dead at the hands of Walt.

What's your point?

Reaction Score
For one, you said Walt has only preyed on the weak-minded - him killing Mike and Gus completely contradicts that.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Good point about Walt's current associates not letting go.
If Walt was smart he would have Saul set him up with the identity eraser and he would disappear with a truckload of cash....however, Mike was spot on with his last speech about Walt's pride ruining everything
I'm guessing that the New Hampshire plates Walt has on his car at the diner on (perhaps) his 53rd birthday are due to the identity eraser.

Reaction Score
Walt has historically done whatever he needs to do to survive and protect his family. He is a much different guy now than he was in the first season, but I have very little doubt that he will extricate himself from the cliff hanging bind he is in at season's end. Walt is brilliant and very quick on his feet. Hank may know or suspect him right up until the very end, but unless he can flip Jesse - Walt is fine.

So the only "real" loose end is Jesse. I would imagine that the remaining episodes will have Hank chasing Walt, and when Walt feels that heat, the series will come full circle. This entire enterprise began with Walt and Jesse, and I imagine it will end with them. I, for one, think that when push comes to shove, Jesse will support Walt.

Can't wait to see the last episodes!!

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
For one, you said Walt has only preyed on the weak-minded - him killing Mike and Gus completely contradicts that.

I was thinking moreso Jesse. He's had Jesse on a string for 4 seasons and I'm glad that the creators have given Jesse a mind if his own to walk away from Walt. Gus, Mike, TuCo were different. Like someone else previously said, people didn't take him seriously and paid for it which was ironic considering how meticulous Gus and Mike were.

Reaction Score
Walt is nothing like Tony Soprano. Tony was brought up in the Gangster life and was respected and feared. Walt is a scrawny chemist who tries to play a tough guy in Heisenberg. God I can't wait for him to get a bullet to the head.

Um, as a big fan of both shows, I'd never suggest that the two are anything alike. I meant that both David Chase and Vince Gilligan have created bad guys that many audience members root for despite the evil they've done.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Walt was lost when letting Jane die from the OD. Gale was the second clue as to Walt's moral deterioration. His hubris: the pride he takes in the cook. The control.

End of the second season they were out and Walt was in remission. He jeopardized his teaching job and lost it. Walt Jr was making hay with his Walter web site. They had that one last bit of inventory to move and went through Saul. It could have ended there. Jesse was in rehab and Walter was losing Skylar to Ted and paranoia. Gus found Walt's weakness: the SuperLab. The cook. Heisenberg. Then there's The Fly when Walt is revealed to be a controlling nut case perfectionist.

In traditional TV Walt has to die: Skylar, Walt Jr, Jessie, or Hank. Hank is too obvious. Jessie is a sequel move. I went with Skylar before the season began. Walt Jr would be a nice twist to avenge Skylar. Walter corrupts everything he touches and all he stood for in the opening episodes.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

The fact that he is able to manipulate and intimidate people so well proves that he plays the tough guy well.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
The fact that he is able to manipulate and intimidate people so well proves that he plays the tough guy well.

LOL intimidate! Who? Saul? LOL!! The manipulation I'll give you because he's a master at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01