OT Saquon Barkley’s calfs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Saquon Barkley’s calfs

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
They also used amphetamines like they were at a 70s disco before the MLB banned them in like 2006. Just look up greenies.
LOL. Road trips in the AL and NL in the 50's and prior were long train rides (vs planes) to places like Chicago where they played cards, smoked and drank (not all of them) and popped greenies. The trainers used to lay them out on the table in the clubhouse before games.

Reaction Score
Calves look great but the hammies are the star of that picture. Kid probably does stiff legged deadlifts with a station wagon on each side of the bar.

Reaction Score
I found the posted topic interesting so I share this article.

The writer does not condemn training like bodybuilders, but points out the limitation of this training in the broader context of training to develop mobility and flexibility, which are components of any specific sport.

From my limited knowledge of the subject, I found the following excerpt informative:

The main issue with athletes training like bodybuilders is that the workouts don’t prepare them for the physical demands of their sport. As previously mentioned, most bodybuilding routines are calculated, controlled and muscle-specific. Sports are none of these things.
I think, similarly, one of the main issues today with injuries is that kids don't grow up as multi-sport athletes anymore. I think playing multiple sports consisting of different movements builds a stronger body overall. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure I've read studies that show playing sports during a persons physical development makes permanent changes to the body that carry on into adulthood even when sport participation stops. Anecdotally, everyone I know that played sports as a kid puts on muscle faster than the people I know who didn't play sports. But that could just be selection bias.

Reaction Score
I know he’s a freak of nature and his workouts are legendary, his calves look photo shopped.

It seems the more chiseled an athelete the more likely he is to get hurt. The Yankees for instance Judge and Stanton are built like NFL TE but get hurt all the time meanwhile 5 foot Gardner and DJ are durable

Okay Johnny Drama...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom