OT:Samsung Galaxy S3 | The Boneyard

OT:Samsung Galaxy S3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can get one for 50 dollars from evil Verizon with rebates

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
T-mobile has a no contract 5GB of 4G data and a 100 minutes call time for $30 a month (prepay). $10 for the Sim card. Opens up many opportunities.

Reaction Score
T-mobile has a no contract 5GB of 4G data and a 100 minutes call time for $30 a month (prepay). $10 for the Sim card. Opens up many opportunities.

Also just use google voice and you don't have to worry about going over the 100 minutes.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
is it a good phone?

No phone. An S3 refurb is $10 a month. Separate contract.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm sure you can get a newer phone for about the same or less money.

Reaction Score
I haven't used the S4 or the HTC One, but in my opinion, the S3 is the best phone around.

Reaction Score
I have the iPhone 5 and love it. I also have a few friends with the S3 and they love it. Their only big complaint is the screen is almost too big. They can't easily reach all parts if it.

Reaction Score
I haven't used the S4 or the HTC One, but in my opinion, the S3 is the best phone around.

The S3 is quality, no doubt. I bought two last October. The S4 is butter....bought two last week and transferred the S3's to the kids. The S4 is simply the best smartphone ever made. If the OP is upgrading to a new phone and considering the S3, I'd strongly recommend the S4 instead. Nothing else can touch it. It will be a quantum leap over whatever he has.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I bought two last winter for my wife and I. We both love the S3, but as has been mentioned. There have been a few improvements in the S4, but not enough for me to consider breaking a contract or upgrading before my New Every Two time limit is up.

Basically it's personal preference. I would go to the Verizon Store and try them all out. I like the size, you can watch things like ESPN3 pretty well too. The S3's screen is virtually the size of the iPhone...the entire phone, and the S4's screen is 0.2 inches bigger than the S3's (on the diagonal). As I said not a big enough difference to upgrade. Another feature on the S4 is the resolution. It is 1080p as opposed to 720 for the S3. Again, not a big enough difference to change. Finally, The S3 makes a quality phone call. I know that smartphones do so much these days, but in the end the question is: Can you understand the person on the other end?

A cool feature that the Samsung has over the i-Phone other than size is the near device networking (though I think the iPhone is getting it at some point). You can beam apps, photos, games and contacts by simply touching the back of another S3. My wife and I use it all the time when we share pictures of our baby son.

Reaction Score
Have the S3 and love it. I don't read manuals so I'm sure I'm using about 50% of its potential. But what I am using including shortcuts, voice commands, widgets and home screen customizations are certainly enough to give it 2 thumbs up. Its powerful, fits in any pocket (including shirt) and makes quality calls. Good for business or personal usage.

I normally recommend the insurance, but with falling prices due to S4 I can't say it justifies the monthly premium. I cracked mine when it fell between my recliner and even with insurance I had to pay about $150 bucks (before S4 release). I did save about $200 @ T-mobile prices.

U

UCONNfan1

I have the iPhone 5 and love it. I also have a few friends with the S3 and they love it. Their only big complaint is the screen is almost too big. They can't easily reach all parts if it.
Screen too big? Can't reach all parts of it? Are they the size of a mouse? Because unless you were being funny, I can't see how they could have difficulty reaching "all parts of the screen"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom