OT: Sam Cassell, Jr. | The Boneyard

OT: Sam Cassell, Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
He's in a great situation. Does he have to sit out?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Very happy for him
He deserves to be playing and looks like he might be better suited for that level of play
He did have some nice games with UConn vs some lesser opponents

C

Chief00

I am happy Sam Jr apparently has found a good situation for himself. Sam will always have fond UConn memories but I am glad he will have the opportunity to play more. Also, good to see Bunkey get some love on this board. For all of his crazy fun and what some might perceive as confidence or detractors would call cockiness - growing up in Baltimore can be rough, very rough. He has a good family but he has seen a lot of stuff go down and people forget that. It's not a place that has an opportunity vibe. One really has to fight to rise above all that. Bunkey has a lot of qualities that can lead to great success if he catches a few breaks and I think he may overcome all that Baltimore stuff.

However, there is never a doubt - Bunkey loves UConn and I am so happy some love is being returned.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
...growing up in Baltimore can be rough, very rough. Bunkey has a lot of qualities that can lead to great success if he catches a few breaks and I think he may overcome all that Baltimore stuff.

Sounds like Chief has access to HBO and has seen The Wire. This must be the Bunk you're talking about:
bunk.jpg

Reaction Score
I mean, I am sure the kid is a good kid, but he was awful has a Husky, never ever did anything, I'll be shocked if he does much at Iona.

I wish the kid the best, but let's not get twisted...

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I mean, I am sure the kid is a good kid, but he was awful has a Husky, never ever did anything, I'll be shocked if he does much at Iona.

I wish the kid the best, but let's not get twisted...

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
He had some big moments in our run to the championship. He did some "things"

Reaction Score
He sucked and did nothing is more literal and accurate. This is like his 10th school. There is no requirement in life that he has to live up to his father's accomplishments or expectations.

Reaction Score
He just might be better than you think. Iona is probably thrilled to have him. He will certainly get an opportunity to shine there.

Reaction Score
He sucked and did nothing is more literal and accurate. This is like his 10th school. There is no requirement in life that he has to live up to his father's accomplishments or expectations.
Third school, one was a Junior college, he wasn't great here but he had his moments, jut a little too slow for high major competition

Reaction Score

As far as I can tell this is his second school? The kid came to UConn, contributed what he could (on and off the court) and then left as a grad transfer for a smaller program. Seems pretty standard.

Reaction Score
As far as I can tell this is his second school? The kid came to UConn, contributed what he could (on and off the court) and then left as a grad transfer for a smaller program. Seems pretty standard.
He attended Chipola College (a JuCo) in Florida for two years, playing basketball for one of them, before coming to UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom