OT- Ryan Griffin to get his chance | The Boneyard

OT- Ryan Griffin to get his chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This has been expected for a while with the combination of OD's salary, injury history, and Griffin's performance down the stretch last year. At this point there's still a decent shot that they re-sign Garrett Graham, which may put Griffin second on the depth chart initially, but I fully expect that he'd overtake in camp or shortly thereafter. Graham is a nice chain-mover but Griffin is a much more dynamic player.

There's also been a lot of chatter of the Texans grabbing someone in what looks like a draft full of TE talent so that O'Brien can try to somewhat replicate the TE duo he had in NE. Either way, Griffin is in for some serious snaps this year and IMO, will look like a total steal by the end of the season. Had he been playing in a more competent passing offense, he would have been a much higher round pick when he came out.

Reaction Score
Griffin I think led the team in receptions in the preseason. I'm sure he opened their eyes. Hopefully if he stays heathy the job is his soon

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Griffin was a stud, he was the Gronk of college football... he doesn't have the same athletic advantage that he had in college, but I would love to see him thrive in the NFL, Bill O'Brien's offense should certainly find him some opportunities.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
With our shaky o line......imagine Casey with Griffin. That's exactly what Casey (if he gets the start) needs this year...a solid pass catching TE to take some pressure off of him and the o line.

Reaction Score
Well they ended up re-signing Garrett Graham, which probably moves Griffin to backup duties initially. Still see this as his breakout year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom