OT: Rutty down 43-0 to Michigan @ half | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Rutty down 43-0 to Michigan @ half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has there been a worse performance than that at this level in the history of college football?

Reaction Score
Ive got my fingers crossed that University of New Jersey and the big 10 becomes like Temple to the Big East and us.

So bad they get kicked out and we get to join ahead of schedule.

Reaction Score
Though it sickens me to type this....OSU and Mich in back-to-back games would have Munsoned a lot of programs.

I just don't understand how a program in a state with that much talent can never put it together.

Reaction Score
Though it sickens me to type this....OSU and Mich in back-to-back games would have Munsoned a lot of programs.

I just don't understand how a program in a state with that much talent can never put it together.

Terrible coaching after Shiano left. And now that they're in the B1G, all the talent is getting poached even more by Penn St, Michigan and OSU

Reaction Score
Harbaugh must just feel like he's playing a scout team. Jesus this is incredible. Michigan could break 80. How did Rutgers get this bad? They have excellent recruiting at home and are in the B1G now. I get that this is the best Michigan has been in who knows how long but Rutty looks like an FCS school

Ah, its Rutgers...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Dear football recruits from the state of New Jersey:

Do you like playing in bowl games? Being part of a university that excels in both athletic national prominence as well as academic? Playing for a New Jersey native coach? Do you like scoring more than zero points every game, while giving up less than 70?

Well then, welcome to UCONN! :cool:

Reaction Score
Harbaugh once again shows he's a classless POS notwithstanding he's beating up on a cesspool. Be that as it may, there's no excuse for doing that to an opponent. Shows no respect for student athletes on the other side.

Reaction Score
Harbaugh once again shows he's a classless POS notwithstanding he's beating up on a cesspool. Be that as it may, there's no excuse for doing that to an opponent. Shows no respect for student athletes on the other side.

He sat his starters most of the second half. Can't do much more than that. Though a couple of this pass plays were iffy....

Reaction Score
I'm fine with it. Would've been cool to hit 80.

I want history to repeat. Temple got kicked out the Big East for sucking and we joined.

Let's repeat that with the Big10 and Rutgers.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
78-0! Lmmfao their is a god in heaven

Reaction Score

The local paper in North Jersey did not express any view at all that the Wolverines ran-up the score.

They placed most of the blame on Rutgers' offense, which only had 39 yards total offenses (the kicker returners did get over 150 total yards though and may have needed O2 before the end) and had 2 total 1st downs (both late in the 4th). No score is ever going to be good with those numbers. Paper even noted that Michigan began rotating starters off halfway through the 3rd and most were done by the time the 4th quarter began. 4 different ball carrier got close to or over 100 yards. There were a lot of simply runs up the gut in the 4th, some of which broker for long runs.

Harbaugh maybe an egotistical maniac; but, he is no fool. Running the score up on purpose in New Jersey would actually hurt his recruiting efforts by ticking-off the locals, likely steering recruits them to Ohio St, Penn St and others.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Harbaugh did pull a fake PAT up 27-0. Even still, who cares. Not trying is a bigger slap in the face than actively trying to not score

Reaction Score
He sat his starters most of the second half. Can't do much more than that. Though a couple of this pass plays were iffy....

I personally never believed in "running up the score." Boo hoo. Either you can stop the other team, or you can't. Same applies to UConn.

Reaction Score
I personally never believed in "running up the score." Boo hoo. Either you can stop the other team, or you can't. Same applies to UConn.

In the college game I think there is a place for the mindset that you should let up on the gas against an over-matched team at some point, when the outcome has become a formality.

Problem is...Michigan kind of did let up. They were playing 2nd and 3rd stringers the entire 2nd half. They were running basic dive plays up the middle for virtually the entire fourth quarter. I don't know if I've ever seen a fullback score a 13 yard TD on a dive up the middle before, but it happened yesterday. Obviously, those two teams don't belong on the same field. To my eye, though, Rutgers compounded the problem by basically quitting. When you do that, you get what you get.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Michigan gained nearly 500 yards on the ground yesterday. That number is out of a video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom