OT: Rutgers Stadium New Name | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Rutgers Stadium New Name

Reaction Score
The better question is why aren't you making fun of Rutgers?
Amazing, Rutgers might be bad but they are in the B10. We decided to move back to a conference made up of Private Schools that doesn't support football.

We are giving up on big time football. We are the laughingstock to Rutgers...I bet Rutgers will win in football before we do. Let's stop making fun of Rutgers until we win a game against a P5 team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Amazing, Rutgers might be bad but they are in the B10. We decided to move back to a conference made up of Private Schools that doesn't support football.

We are giving up on big time football. We are the laughingstock to Rutgers...I bet Rutgers will win in football before we do. Let's stop making fun of Rutgers until we win a game against a P5 team.
Well Rutgers does have one thing we don't....

An empty trophy case.

Reaction Score
Well Rutgers does have one thing we don't....
View attachment 44947

An empty trophy case.

That's all we have. And since football controls the bus... I think they'll get a championship in football sooner then we will.

If we want to feel great about UConn, let's not put down another school. We should get out and support Football. Yes, I know Rutgers is wrong for the B10, but they didn't stink up last year like we did.

That is what I'm saying. We aren't in a position to make fun of anyone.

Reaction Score
You all can make fun of them all you want, they are the biggest winners in CR of all! They deserve a trophy for that!
Agreed...but we need to get serious about football! Do we want to play CAA teams or do we want to play Iowa, Iowa State, Penn State and Florida?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's all we have. And since football controls the bus... I think they'll get a championship in football sooner then we will.
Lol!

Reaction Score
Why are we making fun of Rutgers? At least they are in a P5, we are not. They have a football future, what is ours?

If Rayatho technologies ever give up the naming rights, maybe Waste Management could have naming rights. We call Rutgers a dumpster fire. We are a junkyard fire...
If only UConn was AAU.

Cut the crap.

There’s only one straightforward reason why Rutgers was elevated to the Big Ten Conference (where they are failing dramatically) ... and that was the payment the BTN drew because of Cable TV eyeballs. It clearly isn’t academic. AAU cartel has proven it’s not a fluid rigorous process - it’s a Club that simply doesn’t care about achievement.

Rutgers does what Rutgers does. They are inept. The 40 year experience of UCONN athletes isn’t merely Calhoun. It’s Program after Program Excellence. It’s ranging from Auriemma dominance to Men’s Soccer attendance leadership to Hockey East crowds to 24 National Championships. Edsall? I firmly bet that Edsall can succeed in 2.0 much as he did last decade; whereas Rutgers football - in spite of some recruiting advantages to us - may dig deeper into a hole. Good dollars sure ... but that doesn’t get put in any RU fans pocket.

I say - the first MSG Friday night BE Tournament Semi sigh 10,000 Blue Huskies fans is our redemption. It’s our Rose Bowl.

Reaction Score
There’s only one straightforward reason why Rutgers was elevated to the Big Ten Conference (where they are failing dramatically) ... and that was the payment the BTN drew because of Cable TV eyeballs.

The B1G is a collection of large research universities. So, yes, AAU status matters. The universities collaborate and leverage each other to get grants. It was a combination of R1, good cable market, good recruiting, and solving Penn State's eastern problem.

Reaction Score
The B1G is a collection of large research universities. So, yes, AAU status matters. The universities collaborate and leverage each other to get grants. It was a combination of R1, good cable market, good recruiting, and solving Penn State's eastern problem.

Baloney

They kicked Nebraska out. They arbitrarily bring in & push out. There’s no real criteria. As a school, many of UConns best schools are ranked higher than Rutgers.

There’s not a whiff of academia in Rutgers & Maryland prowess in why they are in that conference. It sounds nice to Jim Delany. It is foolish to continue this drivel.

Reaction Score
Baloney

They kicked Nebraska out. They arbitrarily bring in & push out. There’s no real criteria. As a school, many of UConns best schools are ranked higher than Rutgers.

There’s not a whiff of academia in Rutgers & Maryland prowess in why they are in that conference. It sounds nice to Jim Delany. It is foolish to continue this drivel.

They kicked Nebraska out because of academic snobbery. Too much of Nebraska's research was in Agriculture and I guess that doesn't count among academics of a certain type.

Rutgers Research

"Rutgers University–New Brunswick is a member of the Big Ten Academic Alliance, a consortium of first-tier research universities, such as the University of Wisconsin–Madison and University of Michigan, that shares knowledge and best practices and pools resources and buying power to strengthen higher education and support research endeavors. Alliance universities conduct $10 billion in funded research each year."

That's Billion. With a "B". Which do you suppose is more important? Research or cable markets?

Reaction Score
They kicked Nebraska out because of academic snobbery. Too much of Nebraska's research was in Agriculture and I guess that doesn't count among academics of a certain type.

Rutgers Research

"Rutgers University–New Brunswick is a member of the Big Ten Academic Alliance, a consortium of first-tier research universities, such as the University of Wisconsin–Madison and University of Michigan, that shares knowledge and best practices and pools resources and buying power to strengthen higher education and support research endeavors. Alliance universities conduct $10 billion in funded research each year."

That's Billion. With a "B". Which do you suppose is more important? Research or cable markets?

Yup and who do you think were the two to help whack Nebraska’s AAU credentials?

Wisconsin and Michigan opposed Nebraska's AAU membership

Reaction Score
Back in the day when UCONN soccer was rising under Morrone and Brown was a rival we would chant "What's the color of Sh.t? BROWN!" at the games. Then in football there was always "URI!, URI! URINE! Pisssss" Good times.

Reaction Score

Rutgers Research

There are bigger research institutions than Rutgers that the Big 10 could've added if that's what they cared about in expanding.

Reaction Score
It ain’t about Academics

That’s what you say when you are One & Eleven.

UConn Football. One & Eleven also. And we can’t say ... “o the SHI Stadium Deal is great”. As a Fan, I want Edsall to grind us out a winning program. Something that is exciting. I have NO confidence that Rutgers will ever get out of the hole. Enjoy your money

Reaction Score
It ain’t about Academics

That’s what you say when you are One & Eleven.

UConn Football. One & Eleven also. And we can’t say ... “o the SHI Stadium Deal is great”. As a Fan, I want Edsall to grind us out a winning program. Something that is exciting. I have NO confidence that Rutgers will ever get out of the hole. Enjoy your money

It's not "my money". I have no connection to Rutgers. It is simply a matter of truth.

Reaction Score
AAU. Brandeis is a member. Notre Dame, Florida State, and a number of SEC schools are not. I think the type of university is the key and not so much membership in a more or less closed club. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Although Duke, Virginia, UNC, Pitt, and GT are AAU...Boston College and Notre Dame are ranked in the top 50 research universities and are not.

It takes more than just being a top research university....it is an old boy club as well.

Reaction Score
Neither ND nor BC have medical schools. AAU criteria heavily favors medical research. That was one of Nebraska's problems. The Med school was on a different campus.

Whether AAU status correlates perfectly with a premiere research university is not the point. The B1G is using AAU status for that purpose.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not only is it having a med school...but it must be a resaerch oriented med school...for example...the Florida legislature has designated FSU's med school/hospital as a Family Practice development school and U of Fla's and USF's affiliated med schools/hospitals as research.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Speaking of stadium names...in this case forum page names...

Wesley Watt Lounge looks really weak at the top of this page. Could the name be any more nondescript?

Reaction Score
Back in the day when UCONN soccer was rising under Morrone and Brown was a rival we would chant "What's the color of Sh.t? BROWN!" at the games. Then in football there was always "URI!, URI! URINE! Pisssss" Good times.

if we are not careful, those days may be back soon

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm sure when drunk they were funny.

:cool:

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog