OT: Rutgers MBB billboard on I84 in Hartford | The Boneyard

OT: Rutgers MBB billboard on I84 in Hartford

Reaction Score
Are they taking credit for any of the 6 championships on it?
Cam Spencer has a championship ring. Cam Spencer played Rutgers. Rutger player has a championship ring. You only get championship rings by winning championships, ergo....

Reaction Score
I don't know if anyone has noticed but

The NJ.com group of newspapers has been churning out continually articles about UConn, even well before the Lakers situation. No doubt it's about Hurley's ties and our success, but it's to the point that we are considered part of their local coverage or something. Their has been stretches where they are turning out more coverage than our CT brethren.

Now I don't know if this post is real and if so what's on the billboard. But the thought came to me reading yet another UConn article on NJ. com that schools like Rutgers and SH must be furious of their coverage of us. Maybe this is retaliation, although it would be totally misdirected. Maybe they think we are pushing NJ.com to promote our coverage in their area because of Hurley? Just a thought.

Reaction Score
Someone want to explain the joke? I’m on my phone and don’t want to type that much.
IMG_4802.jpeg

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
NJSU and UConn should be rivals. That would be great for Northeast athletics. Unfortunately the greedy bastards ripped apart the Big East and the Norhteastern schools were scattered. NJSU is in the B1G and UConn is winning national championships, so the jokes write themselves.

Is there an image of this disgraceful billboard?

Reaction Score
NJSU and UConn should be rivals. That would be great for Northeast athletics. Unfortunately the greedy bastards ripped apart the Big East and the Norhteastern schools were scattered. NJSU is in the B1G and UConn is winning national championships, so the jokes write themselves.

Is there an image of this disgraceful billboard?
wish I could've snapped one in time. It is tucked away a bit so I never noticed it before but someone on twitter noticed it a few months ago

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Super weird.

Will be interesting to see how two high level freshmen fare in this new age college basketball for them though. Dylan and Ace seem like the real deal.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UMaine had a billboard right around the I-84 UConn exit for a time.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
wish I could've snapped one in time. It is tucked away a bit so I never noticed it before but someone on twitter noticed it a few months ago
It’s been up for at least a month. I can’t get a good picture while I’m driving. It’s on a curve so when I see it’s too late.
It’s says “the Knighthood”. Oddly placed. I’m sure you know that pikiell is from Bristol so maybe for him?
If I didn’t know any better I thought it was a jab at Gavin Griffiths transferring being so close to west Hartford but that’s really petty.
Just key his car if you are that upset he left.

Reaction Score
It’s been up for at least a month. I can’t get a good picture while I’m driving. It’s on a curve so when I see it’s too late.
It’s says “the Knighthood”. Oddly placed. I’m sure you know that pikiell is from Bristol so maybe for him?
If I didn’t know any better I thought it was a jab at Gavin Griffiths transferring being so close to west Hartford but that’s really petty.
Just key his car if you are that upset he left.
B1G realizing they picked the wrong school to add and trying to save face

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My first reaction was that we should post a retaliatory billboard off of 287 just prior to the Rutgers exit, but then it occurred to me we do our advertising in March and April.

Reaction Score
Just checked on Rutgers FB recruiting on Rivals. Currently ranked 5th, high volume, 26 commits I believe. #84 or 5 for us on 3 commits.

Reaction Score
Just checked on Rutgers FB recruiting on Rivals. Currently ranked 5th, high volume, 26 commits I believe. #84 or 5 for us on 3 commits.
Isn’t that just for freshmen though? We don’t really even try to recruit many freshmen anymore. We need to recruit the portal for the most part.

Reaction Score
Isn’t that just for freshmen though? We don’t really even try to recruit many freshmen anymore. We need to recruit the portal for the most part.
Yes, I believe it is for rising Seniors only. Not sure how the portal recruits factor into Rival rankings. Obviously in this day and age, that factor is critical, moreso for some programs than others.

Take Rivals and "How many stars" with a grain of "recruiting salt", but it is a metric that has some validity:

1 Ohio St
2 Notre Dame
3 Alabama
4 USC
5 Rutgers
6 Wisconsin
7 TX A&M
8 Georgia
9 Oklahoma
10 Clemson
We may be a program that is more Portal centric than B10 schools. Remains to be seen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom