OT: Roy Williams | The Boneyard

OT: Roy Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This guy really is a piece of work. Making himself and his program out to be the victims.

On Tuesday, Williams said he had to take a strong stand not just for himself, but also for the program.

"Think about what we've had to do the last three or four years here," Williams said. "We've had to put up with more stuff -- more negative recruiting -- than at any time in my career or at any time in any other coach's career that I ever talked to.

"I'm going to get old one of these dadgum days," Williams said. "You know, when I'm 94, I don't want to be sitting up here saying the damn thing -- that the NCAA and the university need to get the (NCAA) crap over with. When would 94 be? In 29 more years? Hell, y'all will be dead by then."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...a-tar-heels-wants-program-good-shape-retiring

Reaction Score
worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He says silly "huckleberry hound" things, but I'll always have a soft spot for him. He let the KU law school play against Washburn U law school on the Allen Field house floor while I was there. Very cool.

Reaction Score
If he's so concerned why doesn't he self impose some kind of self punishment. Maybe it will prompt the NCAA to complete its investigation. Maybe the NCAA will agree with UNC and not pursue further. UNC has done their part to drag this out.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No one in college basketball is less genuine than Roy Williams.

And yes, that includes Cal and the Dribbler.

Reaction Score
He says silly "huckleberry hound" things, but I'll always have a soft spot for him. He let the KU law school play against Washburn U law school on the Allen Field house floor while I was there. Very cool.
That must have been a real barn burner!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
What a complete POS he is. Why don't you squirt a few tears for us, eh RoyBoy?

Reaction Score
If he's so concerned why doesn't he self impose some kind of self punishment. Maybe it will prompt the NCAA to complete its investigation. Maybe the NCAA will agree with UNC and not pursue further. UNC has done their part to drag this out.
What is the reason he hasn't? Maybe this season is a real shot for them and they will self impose after the tourney for next year.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Roy Williams looks like the type of the guy who wears a Hawaiian shirt on his one hour flight from Atlanta to Tallahassee.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Roy never heard of Jim Calhoun? pleeeeeeease

how do you feel bad about a man and a school that lands top classes year after year after year? poooooor Roy, that road be tough

Kinda like Hillary telling us how hard she has it financially, how they have to struggle, there's just no connection to reality

Reaction Score
It's so sad... what a baby he is, I can't wait to see how upbeat he is when they're given a multi-year ban from the post-season. I'm sure this big tough guy will stick it out for pride right?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
That must have been a real barn burner!

Well one of my classmates was a PF for the 1988 National Championship team alongside Danny Manning. Still fun to get to play on that court...which feels pretty special if you've ever been there. Much more so than Gampel (and I was behind the hoop for our first game/season there).

Reaction Score
@HuskyHawk I was picturing in my head the law school students deposing one another on foul calls! I remember playing our intramural championship at UConn on the old Fieldhouse floor (either before or during the construction of Gampel). I think it might have been 1989? Anyway, it was neat playing on the same floor the team played on. It's not Allen Fieldhouse but hey, still pretty cool.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
@HuskyHawk I was picturing in my head the law school students deposing one another on foul calls! I remember playing our intramural championship at UConn on the old Fieldhouse floor (either before or during the construction of Gampel). I think it might have been 1989? Anyway, it was neat playing on the same floor the team played on. It's not Allen Fieldhouse but hey, still pretty cool.

I think you were in Storrs while I was. My intramural basketball teams were terrible, so I never got the honor of playing at the Field House. (teams I played on did win football and come in 2nd in softball)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's so sad... what a baby he is, I can't wait to see how upbeat he is when they're given a multi-year ban from the post-season.

Don't hold your breath.

Reaction Score
What is the reason he hasn't? Maybe this season is a real shot for them and they will self impose after the tourney for next year.
Thats part of my point. UNC opened the "investigation" to sports beyond football and basketball. I suspect they did so to stall beyond this year. Now they complain it's taking too long.

At the very least self impose a punishment identical to what Cuse got. Show some ethics. Show some initiative. Be proactive. Pretend to be about education. Instead they drag things out for the benefit of basketball then complain it's taking too long....i have zero sympathy for Roy and the heels. They've taken no responsibility. Denied knowing anything about anything. Minnesota basketball was ruined for far less. Now Roy expects me to give a $h*t. Surprise....i dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom