OT - Rose Bowl | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT - Rose Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I pretty much did games for all the D-1 and NFL guys from that era around here. Byron Jones, Tebucky Jones Jr., the Golic kids (I laughed at the gym yesterday when I saw Mike Jr. on a bowl call), Max, Boyle, Tyler Murphy, Knighton, Lawrence, Spivey, Pinnock...

Aaron Hernandez was on another level - but I think I'd say the second best player I saw at the high schools level was DeLorenzo.
What about Jermelle Lewis from Bloomfield? He was incredibly strong and fast for a high schooler. Was one of the best backs in the country but injuries derailed his college career. Kenny Tinney from Ansonia was a ridiculous athlete too.

Reaction Score
He sat out a year, I don't think his life and career should he over at 20 years old. Everyone deserves a second chance.
He certainly deserves a second chance. Go to school, get your education . . . do it on your own dime like most kids do. Oh . . . And do it at some other school (D-3).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He sat out a year, I don't think his life and career should he over at 20 years old. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Agreed - but you better be perfect after that.

Reaction Score
Tony Ortiz was another one. He was on another level at Crosby, he had high school track times that would have won him some events against olympic decathletes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What about Jermelle Lewis from Bloomfield? He was incredibly strong and fast for a high schooler. Was one of the best backs in the country but injuries derailed his college career. Kenny Tinney from Ansonia was a ridiculous athlete too.

Ansonia was a different board - so I didn't ref any of his games but I did do PA at Memorial Stadium in Waterbury for a few seasons so I saw him play.

Lewis I had once at Northwest Catholic. I had the Bloomfield sideline as the LJ... you'd have to experience it to understand.

Reaction Score
Ansonia was a different board - so I didn't ref any of his games but I did do PA at Memorial Stadium in Waterbury for a few seasons so I saw him play.

Lewis I had once at Northwest Catholic. I had the Bloomfield sideline as the LJ... you'd have to experience it to understand.
Those Bloomfield teams are maybe the best the state has ever seen I would think. Jermelle Lewis, Pinnock, Freeney and a bunch of other D1 players coached up by Jack Cochran.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Musburger just went on a very passionate anti-moralistic moralistic rant about Mixon deserving a second chance. The guy was suspended for an entire season. I don't know what more his detractors want...drawn and quartered?

He made a very bad mistake as a teenager. Many other teenagers do as well. It doesn't necessarily mean they should all be branded as scum forever.

Reaction Score
Musburger just went on a very passionate anti-moralistic moralistic rant about Mixon deserving a second chance. The guy was suspended for an entire season. I don't know what more his detractors want...drawn and quartered?

He made a very bad mistake as a teenager. Many other teenagers do as well. It doesn't necessarily mean they should all be branded as scum forever.

Take away his scholarship. Allow him to stay in school, but just not have the privilege of playing on the Sooners team.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Rutgers is actually as much/bigger competition in eastern PA.

Over the 4 years Franklin has recruited, of the 87 players PSU signed, only 23 were from PA and half of those from the Pittsburgh metro. In that same timeframe, Rutty signed 11 out of PA.

There was an interesting article awhile back on 3*-5* recruits per state vs # of FBS programs in that state to establish a "density" (assuming all recruits stayed in state). It came to the conclusion that Delaware/Maryland/Virginia/DC are underrecruited. So maybe, if there's anyone in MD who actually liked HCRE, he can pull in a handful of guys.

I'll do you one better. Temple had been even more dangerous for the kids we go after in that area than Rutgers, IMO. Let's see what happens to them with a new coaching staff and without Walker. Hopefully this will shift in our favor fast...

Reaction Score

And Musberger is getting destroyed on social media. The act was horrible but I get even more grossed out by the people who feel his life should be over because of that one horrible mistake. There are some people who want him drawn and quartered.

Reaction Score
Wasn't the Mixon dude attacked, too? I have not seen the video, but I do know women can hit. I've been hit before but I did not retaliate. It really takes a lot of self restraint to control oneself even if a woman attacks.

Reaction Score
Wasn't the Mixon dude attacked, too? I have not seen the video, but I do know women can hit. I've been hit before but I did not retaliate. It really takes a lot of self restraint to control oneself even if a woman attacks.

Yes he was he was also had some racial slurs toward him before she hit him and got directly in his face, if I'm already heated and some one gets in my face and hits me who know how I would react, not saying what Mixon did was right but she wasn't exactly an innocent victim, herself.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
You have to give people a second chance. If he's made his amends, then he should get a second chance. I'd want that. You'd want that. Let's not be too quick.

You see the video? It is horrific.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score

He was slapped in the neck by a 110 pound sorority chick after he faked a punch at her. He then knocked the ever loving S out of her. This is after follfollowing her into a restaurant instead of walking away.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Yes he was he was also had some racial slurs toward him before she hit him and got directly in his face, if I'm already heated and some one gets in my face and hits me who know how I would react, not saying what Mixon did was right but she wasn't exactly an innocent victim, herself.

Whether or not he was called some names is completely irrelevant, but if we are going there, he was reportedly calling her friend a f@ggot as well. She can call him whatever she wants, and it does not justify him following her back into the restaurant. It just makes her trash.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score

To be clear, he was made to take a redshirt year (still practicing and part of the team, and on scholarship). Only when all this come out that OU starting calling it a suspension. Suspnsion should have meant he was not part of the team and paying his own way for the year. IIRC, the judge also went light on him comparatively and was an OU grad and booster.

I am fine with him getting a second chance, but OU should have kicked him off the team.

Reaction Score
There was no search because Bobby Burton said if you want 3.4 million clams you're hiring Edsall. Take it or leave it. We took it.

I get that and have come to terms with it. Not ideal, but better than Diaco.

Reaction Score

I finally watched that. Do yourself a favor and watch it before you defend him. That is like Aaron Rodgers hitting a fly with a golf club and blowing out a plate glass window and a car window.

Beyond disproportionate. That's not simply a "mistake."

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There was no search because Bobby Burton said if you want 3.4 million clams you're hiring Edsall. Take it or leave it. We took it.
And you know this how?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
And you know this how?

Because they didn't use taxpayer dollars to fund the buyout. Either Burton or some combination of donors ponied up the cash. Benedict alluded to it. Obviously no one is going to disclose the identity of the folks involved or how it all went down, but Edsall was Burton's guy before since his son played on the team, so his fingerprints are all over this decision.

Reaction Score
Because they didn't use taxpayer dollars to fund the buyout. Either Burton or some combination of donors ponied up the cash. Benedict alluded to it. Obviously no one is going to disclose the identity of the folks involved or how it all went down, but Edsall was Burton's guy before since his son played on the team, so his fingerprints are all over this decision.

So you infer that they dictated the Edsall hire. While that is a logical deduction, it is not proof.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
He should have been kicked out of school. Period.
Agreed. He had several other options besides punching her. A regular student would have been expelled - so should he.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yes, the buyout was privately funded and logically Burton was at a minimum a contributor to the buyout.

I doubt that you have met AD Dave as if you have the last thing you would believe would be that he would let a donor dictate who he can or cannot hire.

Reaction Score
It's good for college football when USC is good, they are back.

As a person with a UCLA degree ... I think you're nuts.

When both are good, it is a fun fall in LA because offices of any size have loads of both. SC is an ethical morass and always has been. But having a bunch of white conservatives from Orange County descend into greater LA - because you know they don't show when the team is .500 - is just gloomy for me. Plus the damn song ... about a handful of notes played 4 hours straight.

Seriously. USC is a far better school than it was in the 80s and chiefly because it took International kids in by the thousands (think second to NYU) and the crime is down. They cleaned up MLK Blvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom