OT - Ron Hainsey of Bolton to the Penguins | The Boneyard

OT - Ron Hainsey of Bolton to the Penguins

Reaction Score
@RSTuthill this is a really good pickup by the Pen's. They have some injuries on the blue line and Gainsay shores that a up. If those guys are healthy by the time the playoffs come around he gives them some really good depth.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He played travel hockey for ECHO with my cousin. Happy for him. Wonder what he's gonna do when he won't be able to take a tee time at Wintonbury the second week of April.

Reaction Score
Thought he played very well last night. His coach said during an interview that there was an emphasis on simplifying the game for the newcomers and he wanted to see a lot of N-S ... which in fact happened. The NBC commentators were suitably impressed and made the point that he had 900 NHL games under his belt and was unlikely to be intimidated. But gosh, it sure was fun seeing him in prime time after SO many years of toiling in obscurity.

Also of interest was the fact noted by Emerick that UMass-Llowell had 3 alumni playing last night for the Pens. Wow!

Guessing that Bolton and all the ECHO towns are on the verge of getting a serious case of Stanley Cup fever. It may not be the Black and Gold team we are used to, but that is not gonna matter.

Reaction Score
He played travel hockey for ECHO with my cousin. Happy for him. Wonder what he's gonna do when he won't be able to take a tee time at Wintonbury the second week of April.
Yeah, full disclosure: I coached him in Little League baseball for two years. An athlete.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Yeah, full disclosure: I coached him in Little League baseball for two years. An athlete.

Yup. I remember my uncle telling me "you gotta see this kid play hockey" when Ron was like 12 and I was like 8 or 9. I played for West Hartford and ECHO was horrible in our age bracket so I was like yeah whatever but turns out Ron was pretty good...

Reaction Score
He used to play softball in the off-season back home when he was younger -- I always thought it was a bit nuts to risk a collision with bumbling idiots like me. Of course, if he hit me going full speed they would need to scrape me off the ground with a shovel.

I know some people that dealt with him when he was in Carolina that thought he was a bit aloof, but I always liked him. Really funny guy once he got comfortable with you.

Reaction Score
Herrick Park, just down Hebron Road from us.

Yep. I was happy to learn recently that I am no longer the last person to start a brawl in the Bolton slow pitch softball league . . .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom