OT - rock salt... for snow and ice | The Boneyard

OT - rock salt... for snow and ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
what's the best brand and from where... any special differences in them?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Seriously?

It's rock salt. Buy it in bags unless you have big pockets.

Or buy calcium chloride if you don't want tear the ass out of your sidewalks and kill your plants.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Im reading on the difference... seems as calcium chloride is the way to go. Im buying online and trying to figure out the difference, if any. Im reading customer reviews that some isnt as rocky as other, some is close to being dang near table salt.

Im sure some people swear by a certain brand and seller

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was going to try to find a way to say this nicely, but usually find that it's not in my nature - if you find someone who swears by a particular brand of rock salt, strangle that person. If you spend so much as one second researching different brands of ice melt, you are wasting your time on this planet.

Chances are that next to no one has any in stock, but go to Lowes or Home Depot or wherever and buy a bag of calcium chloride in whichever color bag you find the most appealing.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I can take it Fishy... was taught no question is a dumb one if you're not sure of the answer, I dont pretend to know it all (at work bored, so thats why Im wasting time)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
was taught no question is a dumb one if you're not sure of the answer,
You were taught wrong. There are lots and lots of dumb questions (not saying your particular one here is). I've heard many, many dumb questions over the years. Anyone who says there is no such thing as a dumb/stupid question is lying (and has never taught a class of morons).

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
The biggest challenge, DC, may be finding some rock salt - up here, south o' Worcester, most stores are sold out and aren't planning on re-ordering: all the "spring stuff" is on the shelves, tho'..

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I was going to try to find a way to say this nicely, but usually find that it's not in my nature - if you find someone who swears by a particular brand of rock salt, strangle that person. If you spend so much as one second researching different brands of ice melt, you are wasting your time on this planet.

Chances are that next to no one has any in stock, but go to Lowes or Home Depot or wherever and buy a bag of calcium chloride in whichever color bag you find the most appealing.

White bags work particularly well I've found.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You were taught wrong. There are lots and lots of dumb questions (not saying your particular one here is). I've heard many, many dumb questions over the years. Anyone who says there is no such thing as a dumb/stupid question is lying (and has never taught a class of morons).

The dumbest question I have ever heard was the one that was asked right before the teacher was going to let us out early!

Well....if there are no questions you guys are free to go........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom