OT: River Monsters goes out to sea. Jeremy Wade swimming with Sharks! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: River Monsters goes out to sea. Jeremy Wade swimming with Sharks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
great story/moment. I had a weird moment in Wyoming where I had inadvertently brought my friend back home (from Seattle, back to the midwest), only for him to meet up with his college sweetheart. So I was walking out in the dusk/dark and nearly walked into a very large moose (with very large antlers). I was lucky and slowly backed off and walked away without incident. But what an amazing animal, as you found with your bear. It ended up fine, but it might not have.
You were lucky because people have been seriously injured by moose. But what an experience. I was stupid and reckless. Normally it's not my nature to do something as crazy as continuing on a path knowing a Grizzly is ahead. I don't possess that daredevil gene. And yet I'm thrilled I acted stupidly. That bear and our locked gazes will forever be etched in my memory.

Reaction Score
You were lucky because people have been seriously injured by moose. But what an experience. I was stupid and reckless. Normally it's not my nature to do something as crazy as continuing on a path knowing a Grizzly is ahead. I don't possess that daredevil gene. And yet I'm thrilled I acted stupidly. That bear and our locked gazes will forever be etched in my memory.
If it were me, I'd be Jesse Owens'ing it the other way. Sadly to say, I've never been much of a risk taker. I couldn't help think when I read the bear and moose stories, that we wouldn't get too many of these because most who did what you guys did, aren't around to tell what happened. :) I have this picture in my mind of a bear sound asleep hibernating in his den with a pile of cameras at his side.

Reaction Score
I've always enjoyed the show. But I'm no fisherman. So, I decided to google "is River Monsters a fake show?" Among other returns was this:

An Open Letter to Animal Planet: Learn The Difference Between Real and Fake Monsters

Apparently Wade answered this open letter directly, but I was not able to find his reply.

Well, I've never tangled with a croc, or the elusive Bigfoot. But on at least one occasion, I demonstrated my intelligence was not up to par with the critter I encountered. Sitting on rocks overlooking the Atlantic. Legs stretched out in front of me. I spot a opossum heading my way, with a bunch of baby opossums clinging to her back. And I decided wouldn't it be fun to let Ma opossum just walk right up on my lap? Which she does. On top of my lap, she stops. Raises her nose and begins to sniff the air. And somehow does not see me, or, apparently, smell me, as, after a few seconds, she walks off my lap and continues on her way. Of course I kept perfectly still, but, really, that was so dumb, and thankfully I did not find myself picking pieces of my face up from the rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom