OT: RIP John McCain | The Boneyard

OT: RIP John McCain

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My respect for John McCain went beyond politics. John McCain was the penultimate family man. He was devoted to his wife and children. He treated everyone he met with respect and truly judged each person by the content of their character. This mild mannered man lived every day with honor, compassion, intelligence and patience. and did his job with a rare honesty and diligence

This man was a POW that refused early release because he believed his fellow prisoners should be released in the order of their captivity. He said, "I just didn't think it was the honorable thing to do.". In my book that's merely the stuff that heroes say. John McCain to me was a man, a human, a warrior, a father, a husband, and a shining representative of this country. Most of all he was a proud American. RIP John. It looks like you got an early release after all.

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Absolutely respected from here in Arizona.

As a political opinion writer out here said just yesterday, you could disagree with him on one issue or another and still sit down with him and have a good conversation, both about the issues you didn't agree on and on personal matters.

He will be missed.

Reaction Score
There were and are many things he did and said that I strongly disagree with. The fact that he still earned my respect, and that of millions of others from the other side of the aisle, speaks volumes!
RIP, John McCain!
You surely will be missed!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
In the 10 years I lived in Arizona, I'm not sure I agreed with McCain's stands on much of anything, but liked and respected him, anyway. In the current political craziness, he was an exemplar how to live your life: Sticking to principles, not caring what others thought about him, trying to do the right thing, as he saw it. He will be missed.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
While I often disagreed with his views, I always had the greatest respect for him. He was a man who always put America first in the true sense of that phrase. Senator McCain worked with all his colleagues to put his country and his honor first in all he said and did. A patriot in his actions and his words, he will be missed. There are few truly honorable men, and I believe he was one of them throughout his life of service to us all. RIP

Reaction Score
If you can't say something respectful about this American hero without your political opinion than that says more about you than it does him. R.I.P. Senator McCain.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If you can't say something respectful about this American hero without your political opinion than that says more about you than it does him. R.I.P. Senator McCain.
Well said Tony.

Reaction Score
Senator John McCain was a tireless and dedicated public servant. Throughout his life he appeared to be basically a good man--courageous, selfless, loyal husband, loving father, patient, well-spoken, thoughtful, principled. There are many things we can learn from his example. And in these troubled times, I would hope that more people in public office would follow in his mold.

JS

Reaction Score
If people say they disagreed with him on some things, or lots of things, or almost everything, then go on to express their respect, that's not crossing the line. From what I've seen here one might say it only enhances the respect.

Getting specific about the disagreements would be another matter. Now is not the time and this board probably never the place.

But McCain's personal qualities were such that general references to disagreement do not necessarily even peg the writer's partisan inclinations. It all depends on the era and the issue.

Reaction Score
If people say they disagreed with him on some things, or lots of things, or almost everything, then go on to express their respect, that's not crossing the line. From what I've seen here one might say it only enhances the respect.

Getting specific about the disagreements would be another matter. Now is not the time and this board probably never the place.

But McCain's personal qualities were such that general references to disagreement do not necessarily even peg the writer's partisan inclinations. It all depends on the era and the issue.

Well said JS.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
He was a special kind of leader, one who cared about others and placed country before party or self. I greatly admired him and his service to our country. Peace be with you and upon you, John McCain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom