OT: RIP Barbara Bush | The Boneyard

OT: RIP Barbara Bush

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
A warm, wonderful woman, who worked tirelessly for literacy, AIDS awareness and many other causes. A fine First Lady, but an even better wife, mother and person. RIP, Mrs. B. You will be missed!

Reaction Score
I'm fortunate to live in Kennebunk and get to see the impact the Bush's have on the community. Regardless of where one resides politically you can't minimize what the family has done for us here in southern Maine. I had some time off from work in the summer of 2015 and walked the Kennebunk beach every morning and there was Mrs. Bush, with the dog and the Secret Service in tow blending in with every other morning beach lover. That blending-in was precisely hers and the family's hallmark. RIP..

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'm fortunate to live in Kennebunk and get to see the impact the Bush's have on the community. Regardless of where one resides politically you can't minimize what the family has done for us here in southern Maine. I had some time off from work in the summer of 2015 and walked the Kennebunk beach every morning and there was Mrs. Bush, with the dog and the Secret Service in tow blending in with every other morning beach lover. That blending-in was precisely hers and the family's hallmark. RIP..

A lot of people don't realize that the house in Maine was from her family, not his. Her family was far more prosperous than the Bush family. They eventually bought out the last remaining relatives of hers that owned an interest in that property, but didn't completely assume full ownership until toward the tail end of his term as President.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom