OT: RIP Alvin Lee. | The Boneyard

OT: RIP Alvin Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Great, under rated guitarist and leader of Ten Years After. I'll never forget him playing "I'm Goin Home" at Woodstock.

Reaction Score
Thanks for mentioning Alvin Lee and Ten Years After. Underrated band, underrated guitar player.
That lead break he plays on Im Goin Home is some of the fastest fingers ever heard.
What a great time for live music. Especially people lucky enough to live near New York. Any weekend you could go to Bill Graham's Fillmore East and hear bands such as The Allmans, J. Geils,
Santana, and the Grateful Dead, just to name a few. Numerous friends have told me that it was always there favorite place to see live music.I have heard that the Allman Bros played until like 7:00 in the morning. I wish I could have been there !

Reaction Score
Thanks for mentioning Alvin Lee and Ten Years After. Underrated band, underrated guitar player.
That lead break he plays on Im Goin Home is some of the fastest fingers ever heard.
What a great time for live music. Especially people lucky enough to live near New York. Any weekend you could go to Bill Graham's Fillmore East and hear bands such as The Allmans, J. Geils,
Santana, and the Grateful Dead, just to name a few. Numerous friends have told me that it was always there favorite place to see live music.I have heard that the Allman Bros played until like 7:00 in the morning. I wish I could have been there !

I was there! The guy who slept on the floor in my college dorm room was the doorman at the Fillmore. It was more like 4 rather than 7, but who was keeping track of the time! Saw Ten Years After also- earlier in the summer, with Big Brother & the Holding Co and the Staple Singers- had no idea who Janis Joplin was.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I, too, made it to the Fillmore East a couple of times. One was for the Allman Bros while Dwayne was still alive.

Reaction Score
Newport Jazz Festival 1969. Friday, July 4. An Evening of Jazz Rock. Jeff Beck; Blood, Sweat & Tears; Rashan Roland Kirk; Steve Marcus; Ten Years After & Jethro Tull. Tickets were about $5. What a night, LONG into the night. Alvin Lee playing the guitat with a drumstick, Kirk two saxes at the same time, and I remember this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom