OT: "ricer" "tuner" import cars | The Boneyard

OT: "ricer" "tuner" import cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For anyone who loves, or hates imports. The most popular import rice burners or tuner cars were made in the early 90s like the Honda Civic hatchback or Nissan skyline or Mazda rx7 Toyota supra etc. well soon enough you will start seeing more and more right hand drive imports driving the roads because they are starting to turn 25 years old and are now eligible for legal importation as they are now classics/antiques. Right now the popular import that a lot of people are importing is the 1989-1990 R32 Nissan skyline. That would include me. I have paid for the exporters fees,the cost of the car, the vessel shipping cost to bring over a 1990 skyline gtst. Should be here in 6-8 weeks and all I have to pay for is the customs brokers fees and about $300 in government taxes and fees. I'll be driving a rhd skyline pretty soon with antique license plates :) here is the video of the car I bought

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
How many times do you think you will be pulled over by a cop who doesn't know the import laws?

Unless you've gone to Japan and taken a look at the car, how do you know what kind of shape it's in, etc?

Reaction Score
How many times do you think you will be pulled over by a cop who doesn't know the import laws?

Unless you've gone to Japan and taken a look at the car, how do you know what kind of shape it's in, etc?
Getting pulled over the first couple times will be fun just to say "ha" you got me for nothing here's the papers,but yea ill probably get tired of it.

You risk it for the biscuit. The price I paid with all associated costs and fees still leaves me 3-4,000$ to play with so I do not pose money. If the engine and tranny is blown I'll get a replacement and have it put it in for 2500$ When looking at available cars at auction You do have an auction sheet that he was showing on his phone that you get translated by him to give you a rough idea of its condition. It's done by a third party.

Reaction Score
Make sure you check the trunk for one of these:

Lol funny thing is one of the lines in that scene is " I hate Godzilla too" the r32 skyline is actually nicknamed Godzilla.

Reaction Score
I'm more of a euro guy, but still gotta appreciate the JDM legends.

I saw a sweet R32 at a car meet in NY earlier this year and I see quite a few Supra's on the Berlin Turnpike on the weekends. When the R34 is eligible I will definitely consider importing 1 here.

Reaction Score
to each thier own, but give me a Big Block Corvette, Hemi Cuda, GTO, 442, Chevelle SS-396 or Mach 1 Mustang anyday

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For anyone who loves, or hates imports. The most popular import rice burners or tuner cars were made in the early 90s like the Honda Civic hatchback or Nissan skyline or Mazda rx7 Toyota supra etc. well soon enough you will start seeing more and more right hand drive imports driving the roads because they are starting to turn 25 years old and are now eligible for legal importation as they are now classics/antiques. Right now the popular import that a lot of people are importing is the 1989-1990 R32 Nissan skyline. That would include me. I have paid for the exporters fees,the cost of the car, the vessel shipping cost to bring over a 1990 skyline gtst. Should be here in 6-8 weeks and all I have to pay for is the customs brokers fees and about $300 in government taxes and fees. I'll be driving a rhd skyline pretty soon with antique license plates :) here is the video of the car I bought

My family's got a 1993 toyota corolla that still runs like a top. So in three years, they get a classic licence plate? That's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom