OT: Restaurant Recommendations | The Boneyard

OT: Restaurant Recommendations

Reaction Score
My Husky is turning 21 this week. Looking for a recommendation for a relatively local restaurant to celebrate (think “fancy dinner” as opposed to “getting wasted”). Thanks!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Max Downtown is always good if you want to head into Hartford; or you can head to Putnam and check out Elizabeth's Farmhouse or 85 Main. Never been to either but it's a beautiful drive out that way.

I had forgotten that Mansfield Depot burned down until I googled that; that was my first thought.

Reaction Score
Feng Chop House was solid in Hartford. Hit it up a few weeks ago.

Only place in the state you can get A5 wagyu beef, I think. Never getting it again, but worth the experience for one time.

Reaction Score
Do something that celebrates your kid turning 21!

For example, for my 21st, my sister and now brother-in-law took me to Foxwoods to have dinner and play some poker. Once we got home, we went to a nice bar (Ginger Man in Norwalk, RIP) for a few fancy beers. Didn't get hammered, but just enjoyed a responsible, casual day of light-to-moderate drinking.

If I had a 21 year old, I'd find a local brewery that also serves good food and/or has good food trucks.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Max Downtown is solid, if you want to venture to New Haven you have a few more options.

Tre Scalini isn’t bad, Goodfella’s if you want a more cliché vibe. Union League was good the last time I had it. Also Shell and Bones if you prefer seafood, at slightly less upscale and more yacht-club feel.

Reaction Score
Do something that celebrates your kid turning 21!

For example, for my 21st, my sister and now brother-in-law took me to Foxwoods to have dinner and play some poker. Once we got home, we went to a nice bar (Ginger Man in Norwalk, RIP) for a few fancy beers. Didn't get hammered, but just enjoyed a responsible, casual day of light-to-moderate drinking.

If I had a 21 year old, I'd find a local brewery that also serves good food and/or has good food trucks.
Agree with this - go to Mohegan or Foxwoods. Mohegan has Michael Jordan's Steakhouse, and then hit the tables.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Max Downtown is solid, if you want to venture to New Haven you have a few more options.
If you were going to drive 45 minutes extra from Storrs, isn't Mystic the place now?

Reaction Score
My Husky is turning 21 this week. Looking for a recommendation for a relatively local restaurant to celebrate (think “fancy dinner” as opposed to “getting wasted”). Thanks!
I commend you for having a relationship that would allow going to dinner on a 21yo's birthday. As much as I loved my parents, and they me, there is no way I would have ever thought about celebrating that day(night) with them. Maybe a dinner and birthday cake at home, but it would be my own night.

Reaction Score
Max Downtown is always good if you want to head into Hartford; or you can head to Putnam and check out Elizabeth's Farmhouse or 85 Main. Never been to either but it's a beautiful drive out that way.

I had forgotten that Mansfield Depot burned down until I googled that; that was my first thought.
I used to cook at Mansfield Depot when I was at UCONN. Great place. Sorry to hear it burned down.

Reaction Score
Do not know if they are still open but I remember I went to either Bidwell tavern or willimantic brewing company for my 21st. I know I went to both within a few weeks of my 21st with my parents and a few extended family members.

As a college student they both seemed like very nice places

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Not sure what area we are talking, but Nataz is a great choice. BYOB and price fixe menu. They have locations in North Branford, Southington, and Clinton. If you are talking local to UConn throw this rec in the trash.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Considering the bragging that he does on this forum I'd find out what August West is cooking this weekend and crash his home.
Only place in the state you can get A5 wagyu beef, I think. Never getting it again, but worth the experience for one time.
You can get A5 Wagyu at ADub's house.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Going back to Feng, it has a cool decor and had great sushi. I'm imagine it still does. Sushi is fun on a birthday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom