OT-Restaurant in Little Italy-NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
she'll enjoy Ferrara's for desert

Reaction Score
You will also be close to John's pizza in the theater district. Good pie and just a gorgeous building, especially this time of year.

Reaction Score
The best place in LI that I've gone to (but this was years ago) was the Blue Grotto, a place off Mulbury in the basement. Will check to see if it's still there. The rest of LI is a tourist trap. But AA in the Bronx is even worst (my Brooklyn Italian rels scoff at it) , except for Tratoria Tra di Noi on 187th St. If you're going to RCMH, why not go to Remi across the street (53rd btwn 6-7, behind the Hilton) - wonderful Italian place, with a story.

but, can't best Ferrarah's for desert! The baba-ar-um uses real rum.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Il Pakazzo
Il Cortile

But would definitely consider Rubirosa when with kuds.

Reaction Score
For everyone saying to go to Arthur Ave because there are no Italians left in Little Italy, there are also no Italians left around Arthur Ave.You'll want to keep heading up to Morris Park to find those.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
For everyone saying to go to Arthur Ave because there are no Italians left in Little Italy, there are also no Italians left around Arthur Ave.You'll want to keep heading up to Morris Park to find those.

There's always the subway over to Red Hook. Still plenty of old school Italian bakeries and eateries over there. Take the kid to Ferdinando's for a vastedda.

(No, don't really do that. She'll hate you forever. But the arancina, burrata, panelle and cannoli are fanstastic).

Reaction Score
My favorite spot in Little Italy is Puglia's they have a guy that comes out ...Jorge and plays the keyboard and does music and everybody sings and has a goodtime...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Around Radio City, Villagio on the Park On Central Park South - Best wait service I've ever had, cheesy crystal decor, good food, view of the park. Not cheap.

Upper West Side - Joanne's Trattoria on W 68th off the Park- small good spot for an inexpensive lunch, excellent meatballs, owned by Lady Gaga's parents. Not really revelant, but it explains the some of the wall photos and the t shirt stand. Nice quiet place.

In Times Square with the in-laws from flyover country - Carmines. Family style, huge portions, a bit of a circus that is too loud for me if not with the fam.

Little Italy - Forlini's on Baxter Street traditional red sauce Italian and you'd swear that guy sitting at the corner table is a mafioso. Food is very good if you like traditional Italian.

Anywhere else, Yelp has done me pretty good if you know how to use it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It's a special kind of hell

I poked my head into the cafe, saw that it was carpeted, said "If the carpet could talk..." and ventured no further. And that was on a recon visit without kids while I was in the early throes of romance.

Some time soon, I'll be 'buying' my daughter's well-preserved AG cache to help her toward her next car, and gifting it to my partner's granddaughters who call me Papa. It all works out.

Reaction Score
Il Cortile is an excellent italian restaurant, not overly suited for 8 year olds/lots of kids for dinner but you should be just fine. It's a bit on the pricier side but not too bad.

http://www.ilcortile.com/
Il Cortile is outstanding. I haven't been there in a while, but if I had a place to go for my last meal, that would be near the top of the list.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Just to have an eight year old daughter to take to Radio City for the Christmas show is a blessing.
Merry Christmas.

Reaction Score
Just to have an eight year old daughter to take to Radio City for the Christmas show is a blessing.
Merry Christmas.

Thank you! I could not agree more. Same to you!

Reaction Score
Arthur Ave is infinitely better than Little Italy - Little Italy doesn't even really exist any longer it's been overtaken by Chinatown - I kid, but there is really very little Little Italy left - an ex's family had two places there- I'm pretty sure one still exists because it was a mainstay of Mulberry.

Agreed - hit up Tra Di Noi off Arthur Ave in the Bronx. Phenomenal food and reasonably priced. For dessert, walk half a block to De Lillo's pastery shop. You wont be disappointed by either.

Reaction Score
Agreed - hit up Tra Di Noi off Arthur Ave in the Bronx. Phenomenal food and reasonably priced. For dessert, walk half a block to De Lillo's pastery shop. You wont be disappointed by either.

"Did you like the Christmas show, honey?"
"Yes daddy."
"Cool, let's hit the Bronx for some ziti."

He's with his eight year old. Mulberry Street is what it is, Italian-American food cooked by Mexicans and served by Croatians pretending to be Italians. That being said, at Christmas, an eight year old is going to LOVE it no matter where they go.

Have fun. My mom used to drag us to the Radio City X-mas show when I was a kid and I can still tell you pretty much everywhere we went each year. I'm sure your daughter will have a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom