OT: Renovating Yale Bowl... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Renovating Yale Bowl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Yale would need a special waiver to play an FBS school. They barely got it for Army (and the history behind the game). The UCONN game cannot and will not happen from Yale's perspective.

I went to the Army - Yale game last year and except for the splinter that ruined my pants, it was a fun, nostalgic and enjoyable game. Then I went to the Rent to see Temple beat us. The atmosphere at Yale was much better thanks to Army.

Reaction Score
Saw the Beach Boys/Cars/Eddie Money at an almost-filled Bowl in 1979. Couldn't make it to the Eagles show in 1980, but as you can see it attracted quite the crowd.
image.jpg

(From Wplr face book)

I survived that one. We renamed it Sunstroke '79.

Reaction Score
I have to say that I never thought I'd see the day when the Yale Bowl went to artificial turf.

Yale Bowl Upgrade Would Include Artificial Turf, Bubble Roof
http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-yale-bowl-renovations-0819-20150818-story.html

>>Yale Bowl is set to undergo a number of cosmetic changes intended to turn the football stadium into more of a multiuse facility for the campus... ... At the conclusion of the 2015 football season, Yale's plan is for its grass field to be replaced with an artificial surface. <<

>>A portable bubble roof, estimated to be 65-feet tall, will also be installed along with low-level lighting. The bubble roof would not be up for football games, but would be installed after the season and removed before the season.

This will help turn the historic facility into a place Yale's football team, as well its lacrosse and soccer teams, can practice. In the case of lacrosse and soccer, it could provide another venue to play games. The university also plans to use it for intramurals and non-athletic functions, parties and fundraisers.<<

I grew up going to Yale games as a kid. Fond memories of walking onto the grass field after the game. The thought of field turf there makes me queesy.

And, a f-----g BUBBLE?

Reaction Score
BC puts a bubble on Alumni field and it is used year round for intra mural soccer and flag football. I'm sure other schools who don't have a facility like Burton do similar things.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
But no international soccer there after this year. LMFAO

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I could care less about Yale and their football program. And no, IMHO, UConn shouldn't play them ever again. Aren't we kind of beyond that now?? Same reason why I hate that we have schools like Holy Cross on our schedule still. We'll be lucky to draw 12K to that game- especially if we're not good this season (god help us...)

If we want to be a big-boy football program, we need to play big-boy programs. Yale (even know they would have creamed us last season!) isn't a "big-boy" program. They're just not, their fans aren't, their city isn't, and their stadium isn't. I currently work, and used to live in New Haven. People in this town could give two f*&ks less about Yale Athletics. Pretty sure when their hockey team won the national championship, the next day most of New Haven didn't even know or care. Its not a college sports town, and no matter how good their football team does its not 1950 anymore people... The only game people remotely show up for is the Harvard/Yale game every other year, which is mostly Yale "fans" attempt at "tailgating"- or rather an excuse to drink outside wearing rugby shirts, sunglasses and boat shoes... Here's a hint- you want to tailgate and expirence REAL big-time college football in Connecticut? Come to East Hartford on Saturdays in the fall. GO HUSKIES!! (drops mic...)

Reaction Score
If we're gonna schedule an FCS team, have Yale come to the Rent. Different atmosphere than the Yale Bowl, but should still draw lots of local fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom