OT: Reclaiming a Potential Recruiting Advantage | The Boneyard

OT: Reclaiming a Potential Recruiting Advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I don't have any official connections to the coaching staff, so I have no idea what the itinerary is like for recruits who come here on a visit. Regardless, we need to make sure that every kid who sets foot on campus is taken here immediately. If staff hasn't been doing this, adding it in may very well solve all of our recruiting woes.

Come on KO, trust the ice cream!

Reaction Score
It's great to see how much he bleeds blue, literally every day he tweets about it. I haven't been this excited about an incoming freshmen since Drummond, and something tells me he'll leave a much bigger legacy in Storrs. No disrespect to AD

C

Chief00

I don't think UNLV uses a Dairy Bar and they have recruited fairly well.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Your sense of humor is lacking in fundamentals. I'm sure the good folks here will have no problem doing you a favor and writing you up a detailed analysis of weak-side joke telling and a general primer on light-hearted comments.

Reaction Score

I don't have any official connections to the coaching staff, so I have no idea what the itinerary is like for recruits who come here on a visit. Regardless, we need to make sure that every kid who sets foot on campus is taken here immediately. If staff hasn't been doing this, adding it in may very well solve all of our recruiting woes.

Come on KO, trust the ice cream!

I would argue this would really be effective with the twiggy ones as well. You know tell them that its an option to the weight room. That is until they arrive on campus of course.

Reaction Score
Chief why did your insiders fail to tell you that UConn doesn't either?

C

Chief00

Your sense of humor is lacking in fundamentals. I'm sure the good folks here will have no problem doing you a favor and writing you up a detailed analysis of weak-side joke telling and a general primer on light-hearted comments.

So sense of humor has to do with fundamentals not creativity? Really?

Reaction Score
"I'm jealous of Chief and all the access he has to UConn." - No one

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If UConn wants to think outside the box maybe they hire me as a recruiter.

You think UNLV's nightlife gives them an advantage over our Dairy Bar?

Say the word and I'll be in Storrs milking a half-dozen strippers and making making ice cream outta that.

We'll make up the stagger in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
If UConn wants to think outside the box maybe they hire me as a recruiter.

You think UNLV's nightlife gives them an advantage over our Dairy Bar?

Say the word and I'll be in Storrs milking a half-dozen strippers and making making ice cream outta that.

We'll make up the stagger in a heartbeat.

If you're in charge of recruit entertainment, Storrs is going to need a few more drifters....

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I would just say it's unique, most B1G schools have dairy bars too - Penn State for example has one of the best in the country. It matters based on the recruit, like Caron Butler (or was it BG?) came here because he fell in love with the cows and the fields.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Well, to be fair to Stairmaster, Penn State promoted its dairy bar for years. And look what happened to them.

Now, if KO could incorporate cow tipping into drills, that would be something.

(btw, I actually detoured into State College for a half hour on one of my trips back to CT just to get a vanilla milkshake at the PSU dairy bar. It was totally worth it.)

Reaction Score
It's great to see how much he bleeds blue, literally every day he tweets about it. I haven't been this excited about an incoming freshmen since Drummond, and something tells me he'll leave a much bigger legacy in Storrs. No disrespect to AD
what are you gonna say if jalen one n dones? this post reeks of saltiness of the Drummond Situation. There shouldn't be any. drummond averaged 10/8 and 2 blocks a game as a freshman in the best conference in the country. There should be no more discussions about drummond being a ' true husky' ever again on this site, its just asinine.

Reaction Score
what are you gonna say if jalen one n dones? this post reeks of saltiness of the Drummond Situation. There shouldn't be any. drummond averaged 10/8 and 2 blocks a game as a freshman in the best conference in the country. There should be no more discussions about drummond being a ' true husky' ever again on this site, its just asinine.

Seriously you are reading way too far into my post, and when I have I ever said AD isn't a true husky? He would've been an idiot not to go pro and I was happy for him. It still goes without saying Allen, Bazz and Kemba had greater impact in terms of winning and I think Jalen will win a lot of games here.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I would just say it's unique, most B1G schools have dairy bars too - Penn State for example has one of the best in the country. It matters based on the recruit, like Caron Butler (or was it BG?) came here because he fell in love with the cows and the fields.
There was plenty of cows at Teds last night too and I didn't see any basketball player fall in love with those.

Reaction Score
Seriously you are reading way too far into my post, and when I have I ever said AD isn't a true husky? He would've been an idiot not to go pro and I was happy for him. It still goes without saying Allen, Bazz and Kemba had greater impact in terms of winning and I think Jalen will win a lot of games here.
I was reading too far into your original post. but there is a general incessant background noise on this forum shouting about how drummond ruined that team etc...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you're in charge of recruit entertainment, Storrs is going to need a few more drifters....

Definitely, but the first order of business is finding a herd of pregnant strippers.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Definitely, but the first order of business is finding a herd of pregnant strippers.

I know just the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky