OT: Rabbit meat | The Boneyard

OT: Rabbit meat

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Are there any good local sources? I have no idea where to buy it but have always been curious to try.

Reaction Score
Are there any good local sources? I have no idea where to buy it but have always been curious to try.
I get mine at the Ithaca farmer's market but I am guessing that is not local for you.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Two careers before I retired, I had a guy who worked for me, whose wife was a really wacko level tree hugger and bunny lover. She worked in a bank, and became very good friends with a Portuguese woman who also worked there. Soon, Dave and her were invited to dinner at this couple's house. When they got there, Denise sees the rabbit hutches in the back yard, and goes over and is all googly eyed in love with them. The woman says to her, "Pick out your favorite." Denise is all, "No, we couldn't take one home. Our doberman would eat it alive." And the other woman says, "Not for a pet, for dinner."
Denise ate a salad.
Dave had the rabbit. Said it tasted kinda like squirrel.

Why do people always say, "Try some... it tastes just like chicken." In that case, I'll have some chicken.

Reaction Score
Fatty, but not bad - for a rodent. Do you have a .22 rifle? I'm sure I can find you a spot.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Growing up, my mom got it once a year from D&D Market in Hartford. Not sure if they still carry it. Tastes like chicken.

Reaction Score
I've got a couple in the back yard - if you can catch them

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
image.jpg
This guy could get you some good wabbit.
He's an expert.

Reaction Score
Some Stop and Shops sell it in the specialty sections with ostrich or bison. It's very good. Like a more tender chicken thigh. You need to braise or fricassee it. You can easily Google a recipe.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
One time, my parents had the bright idea to make rabbit for dinner.

My brothers and I reassembled the rabbits on the plate with toothpicks and gave each headless corpse a carrot to hold.

I don't remember what they tasted like, but I do remember the Tim Burton-esque scene on the serving plate caused issues with my mother.

Reaction Score
My cousin hunts rabbits he's also a redneck from Virginia.

Reaction Score
If you have never had rabbit made by an Italian woman from the old country, you don't know what the you are talking about.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

I know someone in Westport who may have a source.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You may want to start an OT thread on growing grass.
I've had a more hectic summer than most could imagine (as we speak I'm en route to Florida to spring my older brother from his hospital bed). I'm not happy with the current condition of my lawn (and it will be corrected in time) but at the moment I have much higher priorities.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Can't you just buy chicken and tell your dinner guests it's rabbit? Or you could get Radar to make you a spam rabbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom