OT - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher & Debbie Reynolds (updated thread) | The Boneyard

OT - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher & Debbie Reynolds (updated thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher 'suffers heart attack'
US actress Carrie Fisher, who played Princess Leia in the Star Wars films, is in a critical condition after suffering a heart attack during a flight, reports say.

She went into cardiac arrest on the London to LA flight, the LA Times said.

Passengers attempted to revive her with CPR and she was rushed to hospital when the plane landed after midday local time (20:00 GMT), the TMZ website said.

Fisher, 60, had been on tour promoting her latest book The Princess Diarist.

The heart attack happened about 15 minutes before the plane landed in LA, celebrity news website TMZ reported. A medic who was travelling on the plane administered CPR.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38423963

Reaction Score
iu

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
After Alan Thicke I'm glad she made it to the hospital in time.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Her book is about her "affair" with Harrison ford while making Star Wars. But, here is one review,

The first thing you should know, if you happen to be a Star Wars fan and are expecting a tale of romance between Han Solo and Princess Leia, you will be disappointed. This is a rather unromantic account of a 3 month affair between two co-stars who were attracted to each other: one a stoic, complicated, reserved married father of 2 just starting to realize his dreams of making it big, and the other, a vivacious, emotionally inexperienced 19 year old woman with a big personality wanting to start her life as an adult. Trouble is, she doesn't know how to handle it. And his way of handling it is to be unemotional and silent.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So sad to hear this, I hope that she recovers fully.

Reaction Score
Yesterday there was an article about how she was stable but mentioned she was on a ventilator. I suppose from a certain angle being on life support can be viewed as, "stable" but it's a slender thread.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Celebrity deaths do no normally affect me. The two that really did were Bea Arthur and Jerry Orbach.

But Carrie Fisher? I cried this morning.

"Star Wars" was a source of light in an often dark childhood (socially speaking). It gave me a haven for my geekdom and a sense of community, even before the Internet. Carrie Fisher's loss eats away at my heart.

If 2016 touches Betty White, Sir Ian McKellan, or Sir Patrick Stewart, I am OFFICIALLY DONE.

Reaction Score
This one hurts, she was iconic in her role, much like Leonard Nimoy was as "Spock" in Star Trek.

RIP Carrie Fisher, gone way before your time. And with the loss of a super close female friend this month at age 57, this month really sucks for me.

CL82

Reaction Score
Wow, very sad news. I took the 'stable' as an indication that the worst was over given her relatively young years.

RIP Carrie.

Reaction Score
And now reports are her mom, Debbie Reynolds has been hospitalized with a possible stroke. :(

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I lost my father in July at the young age of (barely) 69. I remain heartbroken and devastated. I cannot begin to fathom losing a second family member within a 24 hour period. Deepest condolences and much love to the Fisher/ Reynolds family.

CL82

Reaction Score
So very sad.

Reaction Score
Debbie Reynolds has passed. 2016 isn't giving us a break :(
You want to speak of ICoNIC---Debbie , a texas girl, young, energetic, starting at age 17 made herself seen in small parts and huge parts---as a side kick for Jane Powell (jane who?) to dancing with Gene Kelly with feet bleeding from all the practicing (Geno would love that one). She had terrible choices in men. Had her own Hollywood museum in Vegas, and danced in smaller venues around the country at 60 plus.
She was the Girl next door to many people during her hey day. She out last two who miss used her trust.
This is one girl I am truly sorry to see leave this planet--she was talent, effort, guts, and rebirth--God bless her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom