OT. Question going forward about attending games | The Boneyard

OT. Question going forward about attending games

Reaction Score
Will you still go to UConn games given this new virus next year without a vaccination?

Will you return to the same lifestyle you had before this or would you potentially refrain from going to the movies bowling restaurants etc...

Thanks for answering if you do

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I'll say this. I was all in on going to the Grove for the Ole Miss football game. That is now off the table.

Reaction Score
I guess it depends on how this all goes scrappy. But if this is still going on 6-9 months from now we are going to have much much bigger problems economically and likely something worse than the Great Depression. Don’t even want to think about it

Reaction Score
The jury is out as to if it will be safe to do so next November. If it is not safe for the fans I do not see the games being played as it will not be safe for the players, staff and refs. It crossed my mind at Gampel on March 5 vs. Houston as to whether we were all being exposed to the virus. I choose to hope we weren't and focused on how proud I was of the fans for supporting the team and the team for continuing to improve and play their asses off.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
The jury is out as to if it will be safe to do so next November. If it is not safe for the fans I do not see the games being played as it will not be safe for the players, staff and refs. It crossed my mind at Gampel on March 5 vs. Houston as to whether we were all being exposed to the virus. I choose to hope we weren't and focused on how proud I was of the fans for supporting the team and the team for continuing to improve and play their asses off.
I echo your thoughts about the Houston game. If that hadn't been Senior night and Houston, I'd have skipped it. Sounds dumb now, I know.

Reaction Score

I was considering the Houston game until the week of, and a real threat of coronavirus hadn't crossed my mind at that point. Two days later, I was concerned enough away a not cheap ticket to a concert in NYC on 3/10. In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't go to Senior Night.

As for next year, I will be hesitant unless I have a ton of confidence this thing is under control. I think the season will start on time, but that is far from a guarantee.

Reaction Score
I was considering the Houston game until the week of, and a real threat of coronavirus hadn't crossed my mind at that point. Two days later, I was concerned enough away a not cheap ticket to a concert in NYC on 3/10. In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't go to Senior Night.

As for next year, I will be hesitant unless I have a ton of confidence this thing is under control. I think the season will start on time, but that is far from a guarantee.
Yeah. It’s a wait and see. I really feel bad for kids right now as well

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Any word on when season ticket renewals will even be made available?

Reaction Score
We got an email from the Athletic Dept the other day saying they are pausing any billing for football season tix and they are not actively soliciting renewals. I would expect that means for hoops too. If this does die down then we should see a good uptick in attendance. Depending on spring additions we will be on the cusp of a Top 25 team on paper going in.

Reaction Score
I echo your thoughts about the Houston game. If that hadn't been Senior night and Houston, I'd have skipped it. Sounds dumb now, I know.

We order tix to the Huston game several weeks before the game. Glad we went. Have self quarantined since and have had no indication of a health problems. Been going on 4weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom