OT: Question for Tennessee fans of the WNBA (or any fans who live in Tennessee) | The Boneyard

OT: Question for Tennessee fans of the WNBA (or any fans who live in Tennessee)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Has there ever been any interest in getting a WNBA team in or near Knoxville? it amazes me that they even attempted a team in Tulsa, and several other cities seemed suspect to me, but I was wondering about WNBA interest in places that are hotbeds of WCBB fan interest.

Also wondering about Louisville and maybe even somewhere near Iowa and/or Iowa State? I realize that interest in WCBB doesn't necessarily translate directly to the WNBA, but it seems odd that they have never considered Knoxville (or have they and I missed it?)... Anyway just curious...

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Does the Charlotte Sting count?

1610060335278.png

Reaction Score
Tennessee Fury had a stint with the WNBA D-League a few years back

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Tennessee Fury had a stint with the WNBA D-League a few years back
What is the WNBA D-League? The fury are listed as an AAU team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If they ever put a WNBA franchise in Tennessee.... it would HAVE to be in Nashville. You think the CT SUN has trouble acquiring and keeping free agents... just imagine the difficulty the Tennessee Coonhounds or the Knoxville Ramblers would have.

Reaction Score
If they ever put a WNBA franchise in Tennessee.... it would HAVE to be in Nashville. You think the CT SUN has trouble acquiring and keeping free agents... just imagine the difficulty the Tennessee Coonhounds or the Knoxville Ramblers would have.
And CT is in the finals and the playoffs the last 3 years I think players resigning will be fine.

Reaction Score
What is the WNBA D-League? The fury are listed as an AAU team.
I’m guessing you don’t follow the sport in depth outside of our huskies? No offense jw... but here ya go . It was formerly known as the NWBL which lasted 10 years as a WNBA offseason league or as I stated D-League if you could see the rosters lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom