OT: purpose in life | The Boneyard

OT: purpose in life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I rescue UConn shirts from (gasp) oblivion and the mojo vampire.

For the second time, I have been the beneficiary of a rescued UConn shirt that some presumed UConn fan has discarded. Actually, a friend found it in a thrift store and bought it as a gift for me. Nice, except for the mojo implications! Hopefully, since the sweatshirt has made its way to a nice UConn home everything will be copacetic.

Reaction Score
Going to play devils advocate here meaning NO malice. :) Have you given any thought that you may not have not been a heaven sent savior of this particular piece of apparel? ;)
I would consider a shirt taken out of the trash or picked up on the street as being rescued. Something in a thrift store is simply a mojo seed planted for a new fan who likes the dog on the front. Or the senior that can no longer afford new garb. That or a family of lower income that gets a chance at some UConn mojo they might not otherwise afford.

It made you feel good to find it, just as it would have the next person. There are many reasons things end up at thrift shops but UConn apparel being found at one is not like it was found in a rag bag. Again no spitting match here and I like your school spirit! :D

Reaction Score
Going to play devils advocate here meaning NO malice. :) Have you given any thought that you may not have not been a heaven sent savior of this particular piece of apparel? ;)
I would consider a shirt taken out of the trash or picked up on the street as being rescued. Something in a thrift store is simply a mojo seed planted for a new fan who likes the dog on the front. Or the senior that can no longer afford new garb. That or a family of lower income that gets a chance at some UConn mojo they might not otherwise afford.

It made you feel good to find it, just as it would have the next person. There are many reasons things end up at thrift shops but UConn apparel being found at one is not like it was found in a rag bag. Again no spitting match here and I like your school spirit! :D

Had this been the only "rescue" I could maybe buy in to your supposition(s). But I was "led" to another find in Hilton Head several years ago. Maybe it was JC's or one of his sons, who knows? Anyway, the residual positive mojo has been saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom