OT: Pssst, Tiger Finished Second This Weekend | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Pssst, Tiger Finished Second This Weekend

Reaction Score
I was one of many who felt that after 4 back surgeries, Tiger would never win again. But after his performance this past week, now I feel it’s just a matter of time.
I’m shocked he did so well. But he played the course better than most of the kids. Time and place to let loose. Innisbrook isn’t it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lexi Thompson is currently ranked #2 in the world. Cristie Kerr, Jessica Korda, Wie, and Danielle Kang are all in the top 20 as well.

Ko is my favorite as well. She certainly is nowhere near the form that made her #1 in the world. But I still hold hopes for a resurgence.

She was in the top 10 last time out and had 4 top-5 finishes between September and November. The talent is still there. She just needs to settle on a coach and caddie and build confidence with a string of good results. Sometimes I think players who experience success at a very young age are almost too young too feel pressure. Now that she's a little bit older the weight of pressure and expectations seems to be bothering her.

Wie had a sneaky solid year last year. If she can stay healthy, I can see her keeping it going.

Shows what I know. Forgot about Lexi (surprisingly) and really do not know much about the others . I do have a soft spot for her after that cruel ruling in a Masters event. Hope she has a great year / career.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wonder how the attendance compared to 2016. I imagine last year was especially down. 2016 at least had the lure of Spieth as defending champion. Of course, that's nothing compared to the lure of Tiger.

I like this tournament and this course. The course looks beautiful on TV and it's actually a challenge rather than a birdie-fest. Hopefully, the big name players continue to play it.
I don't know about 2016. This was only my second time there. I thought the course was fairly difficult last year. This year, I found it more attractive--and equally difficult for 3 of the 4 days--than I thought the prior year.

In terms of Tiger, I was a fan, but was disappointed by his marital behavior. Now he's over 40, a devoted father apparently, and having faced the end of his career due to injury. He seems far more humble and appreciative.

I thought that the Spieth effect might be roughly comparable to the Tiger effect. There was no comparison whatsoever.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Lexi Thompson is currently ranked #2 in the world. Cristie Kerr, Jessica Korda, Wie, and Danielle Kang are all in the top 20 as well.

Ko is my favorite as well. She certainly is nowhere near the form that made her #1 in the world. But I still hold hopes for a resurgence.

She was in the top 10 last time out and had 4 top-5 finishes between September and November. The talent is still there. She just needs to settle on a coach and caddie and build confidence with a string of good results. Sometimes I think players who experience success at a very young age are almost too young too feel pressure. Now that she's a little bit older the weight of pressure and expectations seems to be bothering her.

Wie had a sneaky solid year last year. If she can stay healthy, I can see her keeping it going.

Ko also needs to stop changing her swing. She changed twice in the last year, I think she has finally decided on the current swing and is slowly improving. As for Wie, many people forget that she was leading the same tournament last year going into the final round and had to withdraw due to having an emergency appendectomy surgery and was out for almost 2 months. She still made the Solheim Cup team and finished in the Top 20 on the money list.

Reaction Score
Well hopefully he can keep it up after the college basketball season is over. cause it will be a long 4.5 months til NFL training camps start.

that's what OT topics are for..... right? :confused:
Yeah, I was trying to point out the irony, but might have missed a little. @JFC613 said it so much more eloquently and without the harshness.

Reaction Score
Tiger’s reputation will never be remediated in my eyes. He’s just one more person granted immunity for terrible behavior because he happens to be good at a sport. He isn’t worth the time of day on a forum that celebrates a women’s team.

I certainly do not see Tiger as having been granted immunity.
In your eyes do you see Tiger deserving of a life sentence?
Please excuse the people who are capable of understanding and forgiveness while not necessarily condoning his behavior.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was one of many who felt that after 4 back surgeries, Tiger would never win again. But after his performance this past week, now I feel it’s just a matter of time.
He had 4 knee surgeries and 4 back surgeries, including spinal fusion, which no one on the PGA tour ever had. His comeback reminds me of Michael Jordan’s game against Utah, when he beat the opponent AND the flu ... or Lou’s game against Maryland when she barfed behind the bench. Tiger appears to be in a position to beat crippling injuries and Father Time, as well as the rest of the PGA Tour.

Reaction Score
I really felt sorry for Paul Casey. He finally wins his 2nd tournament, and all the media coverage is about Tiger Woods. Golf Channel coverage the next day is nearly 100% about Tiger. Paul Casey is a terrific golfer, and, a terrific guy. I hate to see his accomplishments go unnoticed.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I really felt sorry for Paul Casey. He finally wins his 2nd tournament, and all the media coverage is about Tiger Woods. Golf Channel coverage the next day is nearly 100% about Tiger. Paul Casey is a terrific golfer, and, a terrific guy. I hate to see his accomplishments go unnoticed.
I guess Casey will just have to suffer the indignity, along with the $1 million check he received for winning the tournament.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I really like Paul Casey. At Winged Foot in 2006, I followed him for a couple holes, and he was polite and friendly. His interview after winning on Sunday was very good. He came across as grateful and humorous.

Reaction Score
Loved that 35 foot putt off the green on the 72nd hole by Michelle. Reminded me of the 17th hole of the U.S. Open with the fist pump and the energy.
She closed the final 2 rounds with 66-65, and 26-25 putts, the best she has played since the 2014 U S Open. Her coach said she was healthy this winter for the 1st time in years, and took her clubs home to Hawaii to practice. David also said if she stays healthy this year he expects this to be her breakout year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom