OT: Prediction from the PC/UK game...... | The Boneyard

OT: Prediction from the PC/UK game......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alex Murphy of Duke is leaving Durham after the 1st semester and heading to PC, or somewhere.......

If you were watching the PC game every time they zeroed in on Cooley and the assistants there was a tall looking brownish red headed guy with a black quarter zip sweater on in a folding chair behind them......that was Jay Murphy the dad. There's no reason for him to be directly behind that bench unless they are paying him to work with the big guys (he lives in RI) or he's sitting watching his son's future coach working the sideline! I'm guessing the latter but we'll see.....I'll check to see if I can get the scoop. He certainly has been nailed down his whole career next to the brothers Marshall.......was just saying at Thanksgiving to my brother unless he really likes Duke that much this is the time to leave - 2 1/2 years left somewhere.......may be PC - good for both!

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing this week when I was talking about those great St. Mark's teams before Lubick left as the coach. Alex redshirted his first year and now never plays. I'm sure he's not happy.

Reaction Score
I hope you are right; kid can play(as well as younger bro). However, EC has been tight with Jay since his BC days. Could be much ado about nothing. The Murphys are front and center at most Friar games, and have been for years.

Reaction Score
Murphy and Josh Hairston were both top-40 recruits and have contributed basically nothing resembling on-court production during their Duke careers. Murphy doesn't get off the bench. Hairston is playing 12 minutes per game as a senior and in the two games I've seen this year his only responsibility on offense seems to be to set screens for the players who can actually put the ball in the basket.

Reaction Score
Murphy and Josh Hairston were both top-40 recruits and have contributed basically nothing resembling on-court production during their Duke careers. Murphy doesn't get off the bench. Hairston is playing 12 minutes per game as a senior and in the two games I've seen this year his only responsibility on offense seems to be to set screens for the players who can actually put the ball in the basket.

Don't forget Marshall Plumlee. He became a High School All American because he signed with Puke, not because he was any good. He plays less than Murphy & Hairston. Plumlee has scored like 4 points total in his 3 years there (Yes, he redshirt his Freshman year).

Reaction Score

Makes sense..........for Alex's sake I hope he's listening though. Get out of Durham for crying out loud!

Reaction Score
I hope you are right; kid can play(as well as younger bro). However, EC has been tight with Jay since his BC days. Could be much ado about nothing. The Murphys are front and center at most Friar games, and have been for years.

Jay was behind the Florida bench last night at Gampel also with his youngest and a couple other kids.....maybe just supporting his friends (cooley and billy D where Eric went) and taking in some good hoops!

Reaction Score

Just a gut and for your sake I hope I'm right....the kid deserves to get away from K.....he's too good of a player! Nice get if it happens.....I need to check with my sources to help you get a real feel....will let you know!

I see following a "friend from BC" in Cooley but NYC after Thanksgiving? Guessing there was more....

caw

Reaction Score
Isn't he a SF/PF. Isn't that the same position Devin Robinson is going to play for Florida? I don't think Alex would see the floor ahead of Robinson.

Interesting to see where he ends up.

Reaction Score
Good call mau- he is transferring at the end of the semester. Duke insider on 247 says he'll most likely transfer to Florida. Bummer that he only gets 1.5 years of eligibility

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...2/redshirt-sophomore-alex-murphy-leaving-duke

It was a guess but I'm going to stick with the PC thought.......why would Jay go all the way down to MSG from RI for a game unless??? The Florida thing is a guess from this guy although Jay was at the Husky /Gator game the other night too.......logically though close to home and more PT available at PC.........staying with my original theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom