OT: Pre-Season Refresher. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Pre-Season Refresher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Arike Ogunbowale - not...any one of about a dozen butcherings I've seen. :)

Just call her "Arike" if in doubt.

Some folks are lazy, and don't like to (or bother) to check the spelling on some people's name, so as not to embarrass themselves. Arike and Nneka O. have one of those names you can't guess about. :eek:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Would disexlia be the same as menage a trois? Or would that be trisexlia?

C'mon Pacific, it's too early in the morning for that. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
So what did it say you scored?

This is why "English" is the most difficult language to learn. Many people that were born in the U.S., and have been speaking it for decades still haven't mastered it yet. How hard is it for people who learn English as a second language to learn it, with all of the rules of punctuation, tenses, spelling, i before e, except after c, not to mention homonyms, synonyms, and antonyms, and all of the other rules and exceptions? :confused:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
So what did it say you scored?

I don't know my score. I didn't seek it online. Instead, with my daughter's expert help, I copied the test to the BY and edited it as instructed. I believe I passed (though I flubbed "children's").:)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know my score. I didn't seek it online. Instead, with my daughter's expert help, I copied the test to the BY and edited it as instructed. I believe I passed (though I flubbed "children's").:)
I did the test online and thought I aced it, but I only got 70%. Totally spaced out a comma, and got double-dinged for putting an aprostrophe in the wrong place (double-ding was for also leaving it out of the right place - sigh...)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I did the test online and thought I aced it, but I only got 70%. Totally spaced out a comma, and got double-dinged for putting an aprostrophe in the wrong place (double-ding was for also leaving it out of the right place - sigh...)

I'm sure I got a ding for wrong placement of an apostrophe in childrens' and another for not placing it correctly in children's. Darn those dings, after feeling so good about writing Joneses' dogs' and owners' tone.
[sigh] Head bang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS