OT: Pray For Kyle Kuric | The Boneyard

OT: Pray For Kyle Kuric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Lost my grandfather to a brain tumor when I was six years old. The Kuric family will definitely be in my prayers -- when someone's battling this kind of thing, all other forms of rivalry go out the window.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah I try not to induce depression too often, but this deserves some recognition.

I'll be posting more now. Spent a lot of time scouting the minors this summer, but now that baseball season is over in the US, it's hoops time again.
Just kidding anyway. Keep it up.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Yeah I try not to induce depression too often, but this deserves some recognition.

I'll be posting more now. Spent a lot of time scouting the minors this summer, but now that baseball season is over in the US, it's hoops time again.
Everything you do is cool.

Best wishes to Kuric, hate hearing this.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Lousy news. I had cousin who died of a brain tumor at 42 and a secretary of the same at 33. Both had young kids.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Lousy news. I had cousin who died of a brain tumor at 42 and a secretary of the same at 33. Both had young kids.
Wow, sorry to hear that. You too Stair. I lost a friend in middle school to the same. Very scary condition, this always gives me the chills. The day we get a cure for cancer can't come fast enough.

Reaction Score

Thoughts and prayers for our former Big East friend KK as he undergoes surgery on a brain tumor. He's become a popular player in Spain and always seemed like a great guy.

Sending Kyle all my best hopes. You are in my prayers.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Every time UConn played UL, this guy scared me the most - deadly shot.
Lost a few close friends to brain cancer
CANCER SUCKS

Reaction Score
What was a very rare occurrence is becoming more common. May be related to cell phone use. I suggest using speaker rather than holding mobile phone to head. The evidence is equivocal at this point, but no use in taking a chance. Not all brain tumors are cancerous. Hopefully he will be one of the lucky ones.

Reaction Score
What was a very rare occurrence is becoming more common. May be related to cell phone use. I suggest using speaker rather than holding mobile phone to head. The evidence is equivocal at this point, but no use in taking a chance. Not all brain tumors are cancerous. Hopefully he will be one of the lucky ones.

The data suggest that cell phones either pose no risk or a nearly negligible risk.

Reaction Score
Always liked him. Was he the guy who had the amazing dunk (I think against Notre Dame?) a few years back? Thoughts and prayers are certainly sent out to him.

Reaction Score
A good friend of mine had a meningioma, which is what the article says Kyle has. It is not cancerous which is about the only good thing about it, or i guess a less bad thing. They are very rare, but because they tend to be near the surface an operation can usually remove all of the tumor and the patient can recover fully. In my friends case it was unfortunately not a complete sucess, it took two surgeries to completely remove it, and he has occasional seizures which he needs to be on anti seizure medicine all the time to try to prevent, but he lives a full life. I hope Kyle makes a full recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom