OT: Podcast with Jim Furyk | The Boneyard

OT: Podcast with Jim Furyk

Reaction Score
Hi all,

I know a lot of golf fans in here...and with not much sports content figured I'd throw out a link to my most recent Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast with Jim Furyk.

Coolest part for me was when the two of us go hole by hole on the back nine of his 58 at Travelers. Can recall shot for shot, distance, everything -- it's really amazing. Also talk Ryder Cup, golf with no fans, and dive into his illustrious career.

Reaction Score
Hi all,

I know a lot of golf fans in here...and with not much sports content figured I'd throw out a link to my most recent Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast with Jim Furyk.

Coolest part for me was when the two of us go hole by hole on the back nine of his 58 at Travelers. Can recall shot for shot, distance, everything -- it's really amazing. Also talk Ryder Cup, golf with no fans, and dive into his illustrious career.

And his buddy Fluff on the bag.. Giving him distances and reading putts(when asked)..

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hi all,

I too can usually recall a round shot by shot. And I have to count WAY higher than 58. I really don't make a big deal about it, but Mrs. Diesel is always willing to throw it in my face if I can't automatically recall other historical data like her birthday, eye color, mom's name, etc.

To totally derail this thread....you bring up him remembering distances and everything. It's amazing when you listen to the pros talk about their real low rounds how much a bit of luck comes in to play with shots in to the green.
They'll usually tell you most of their shots were full shots with a certain club vice having to hit a hard iron or try and feather one in to the green. Small things like having to be between clubs on distance but the green being a bit uphill or wind in the face made a full swing.
Or, maybe they play a draw and the pin is tucked right but the wind is coming just enough left to right to let them drop it in clean.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom