OT: Philly for a weekend | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Philly for a weekend

Reaction Score
Go to the University Museum at U Penn across the street from Franklin Field. It seems most of Egypt is there.

btw, is Kyber Pass bar still there on 2 Street? Used to have 270 different imorted beers

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Spent a ton of time in Philly.

1) I can't reinforce the roast pork, sharp provolone, broccoli rabe and long hots from Tommy DiNic's enough. So far and away a better sandwich and more famous now than a cheesesteak.

2) If you HAVE to get a cheesesteak to check it off the list, please please please don't go to Pats or Genos. They're awful. Try Jim's Steaks a couple blocks over.

3) It's an easy walking city. Touristy things like the LOVE sculpture, Liberty Bell and Rocky steps are easy to get to and quick fun. The Zoo is a little farther out but a good one if that's your thing.

4) Spots I have been to repeatedly over time? The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company - A sorta hidden speakeasy that will transport you back to prohibition, El Vez - an upscale Mexican spot with great margaritas, The Continental - Cool spot, good drinks, great food.
Agree re Jim's. The steak is good and you can grab a table on the second floor and people watch on South Street. It used to fun to watch people coming and going out of Zipperheads, I'm not sure if that is still there.

It's a little early, but the Philly Zoo is a lot fun in the Spring. It's a decent zoo both big enough to be interesting and small enough to be manageable.

Liberty Bell is okay. Not really worth it if there is a line. Independence Hall is better, IMO, if you like history and that period. I really enjoy the Constitution Center, but on a great day you probably want to be outside. I like the various Philly pocket parks and fountains like Rittenhouse Square, the Love Park (good couple pict opportunity) and Art museum steps are nice. Fairmount Park is pretty and would be nice to walk around especially the water works area.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom