OT- Petrino spent $1.1 mil over budget for recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Petrino spent $1.1 mil over budget for recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a Louisville fan, I appreciate the ACC and how well Louisville is competitive for conference titles is almost every sport.
Bobby liked to win and he has never had a single NCAA infraction, but he is a loose cannon and runs a program like a tyrant.
Rules are important, like calling a fair catch and then running with the ball.

Actually back then you had to make a waving motion which never took place. He even asked the red before he did it. Nice try though

Reaction Score
As a Louisville fan, I appreciate the ACC and how well Louisville is competitive for conference titles is almost every sport.
Bobby liked to win and he has never had a single NCAA infraction, but he is a loose cannon and runs a program like a tyrant.
Rules are important, like calling a fair catch and then running with the ball.

You run your Athletic Department & your primary Football + Basketball like a crime family racket. Rules? I see hookers, graft, stuffing taxpayers, pay for play, Government corruption. I don’t see a academic advancement in the institution.

Some UConn fans say ... look we had violations. Yeah right. Kids stole laptops. A Coach guided players to a trainer; coaches had former players show up at pickup games & make calls. This is absolutely penny ante compared to dumping $400m in to the YUM or Pitino/Petrino arrogance.

Reaction Score
Yet one program is a very healthy and competitive P5 ACC program that owns it's own state if the art on campus 62,000 seat stadium and the other is a struggling minor league program that is homeless and terminally ill.
Preach on.

You’re scum. In the world of college athletics, every sport of yours and the academics are stained by your greed to get ahead. To the ACC. Nice frigging legacy.

Reaction Score
Well...Louisville is coming off an awful 2-10 football year with a win over Western Kentucky as the only IA win.

....and the 2019 recruiting class is a bunch of consensus three stars (one 4 star).

....Looks like the Cards will be limping around the ACC for quite a while.

....the "elite basketball program" doesn't look elite...doesn't look as good of late as football schools, FSU and VT's, basketball.

The ACC has won 17 national championships since Louisville joined....Louisville's contribution? zip.

Reaction Score
Ok. Let's compare UofL to Uconn in your criteria:
We did go 2-10 last year, our first losing season in 10 years. Since joining the ACC we are 36-24 vs a P5 schedule.
Uconn went 1-11 last year and has a 15 - 46 record vs a laughable g5 schedule in the same 5 year period.
UofL has produced NFL talent and draft picks at a rate of 10 to 1 compared to the uconn program. I doubt most of your recruits are even rated by the services.
We have won multiple ACC titles in several sports, including mens and women's basketball and baseball titles. Uconn has contributed nothing to the ACC, except a few w's for member schools...lol

I am a fan of an ACC program....one that has won a football NC in the last 5 seasons.

Louisville has disappointed me.

Reaction Score
Louisville is a disapointment to this ACC fan...and I have a soft spot for Louisville....

My first date with my now wife was to the Louisville-FSU game near 40 years back.

But Louisville has not done much in the ACC...

A Louisville fan beating their chest is a pitiful thing...yep, UConn is down....but they have won four NC's in sports since Louisville has been in the ACC...Louisville has won zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom