OT- Petrino spent $1.1 mil over budget for recruiting | The Boneyard

OT- Petrino spent $1.1 mil over budget for recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reason 1253 why the ACC took Louisville rather than a far more attractive market presence in the University of Connecticut

They’d allow this crap. Compete in Football. Cheat. Run $100’s of millions through PapaJohns & Yum . And not give a F about academics. They got their Logo

UConn never had a chance.

Reaction Score
Reason 1253 why the ACC took Louisville rather than a far more attractive market presence in the University of Connecticut

They’d allow this crap. Compete in Football. Cheat. Run $100’s of millions through PapaJohns & Yum . And not give a F about academics. They got their Logo

And in this world, for the institution the rewards still far, far outweigh the consequences.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

As I'm aging, I'm growing far more insightful that this is the way of our world. Cheat, lie, steal...whatever it takes to make money. Easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Louisville greased a few ACC Presidents' palms and that did two things: 1) showed them that they are more than willing and able to cheat to win; 2) gave rich people more money. Meanwhile, we were attending choir practices every day concerning ourselves with APR nonsense when it really didn't matter at all.

It's a sad reality but nonetheless a very true one.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Didn’t UConn recently fire their head men’s basketball coach for cheating?

Glass houses so on and so foeth.

Reaction Score
Didn’t UConn recently fire their head men’s basketball coach for cheating?

Glass houses so on and so foeth.

Really?

Do you have a frigging clue ... there’s no way UCONN spends the money Louisville did; yawns at hookers for ball players; lays $100s of millions into a luxury arena like YUM (or PapaJohns); or play the payola games like LSU or Arizona etc etc. this State of Connecticut just doesn’t have the balls to be playing this in Athletics.

So let’s agree on one thing: we don’t belong in the Power 5 if this is what you have to do. Let’s win doing it the way we have ... or we do it your way: collapse all funding for everything UConn.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Really?

Do you have a frigging clue ... there’s no way UCONN spends the money Louisville did; yawns at hookers for ball players; lays $100s of millions into a luxury arena like YUM (or PapaJohns); or play the payola games like LSU or Arizona etc etc. this State of Connecticut just doesn’t have the balls to be playing this in Athletics.

So let’s agree on one thing: we don’t belong in the Power 5 if this is what you have to do. Let’s win doing it the way we have ... or we do it your way: collapse all funding for everything UConn.

I’m mocking the people who cry about other teams cheating while claiming that Ollie’s transgressions meet the standard for firing him for cause.

Don’t know if that includes you.

Lol my way. I’m not the governor or in the state legislature - I don’t have any say how much funding UConn gets.

I do know they would generate more athletic revenue if they had a leadership team that wasn’t clueless.

Personally I’d rather be in the ACC but if you prefer irrelevance that’s your call. Maybe you can get America East to break up and get the Yankee Conference back together.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Almost wished KO greased a few ACC pres.
Palms to get us Into that
Conference. Probably would still be coach.

Shoulda taken Debbie Yow to Grant’s and plied her with that good shrimp.

Reaction Score
Just go to YouTube and watch the 2014 Championship video with Pharrell Williams singing in the background.

Everything gets uglier from that moment in this movie.

Reaction Score
If I had to hazard a guess, blowing through the recruiting budget by a few hundred grand each year is about the least of Petrino's transgressions. If there is a slimier coach in all of college football it's hard to think of who it is.

That Louisville took him back tells you all you need to know about that institution.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Almost wished KO greased a few ACC pres.
Palms to get us Into that
Conference. Probably would still be coach.
Yeah
KO had so much to do with and was involved as an assistant coach in getting UConn to a P5
WOW

Reaction Score
As I'm aging, I'm growing far more insightful that this is the way of our world. Cheat, lie, steal...whatever it takes to make money. Easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Louisville greased a few ACC Presidents' palms and that did two things: 1) showed them that they are more than willing and able to cheat to win; 2) gave rich people more money. Meanwhile, we were attending choir practices every day concerning ourselves with APR nonsense when it really didn't matter at all.

Hey, before we get all righteous, Yale is no better. Rich and famous and a couple of $ million donation and your kid’s in. Nobody fails so just make sure you get in and the myth is perpetuated.

Reaction Score
Back on topic, is anyone else amazed that Florida spent over $1.15 Million on recruiting?
They're the hotbed for recruits and right next to Georgia so the total seems high to me.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Hey, before we get all righteous, Yale is no better. Rich and famous and a couple of $ million donation and your kid’s in. Nobody fails so just make sure you get in and the myth is perpetuated.

Absolutely agree. Nobody is above playing dirty except maybe UConn. The state of CT practically went into a tailspin over a few missing laptops a long time ago. We even had to miss a postseason because of that indirectly. Meanwhile, our competition is funneling millions of dollars into dark web services and nobody gives a hoot. I'm sure if the Loughlin ladies offered UConn $10 for their daughters to be accepted here, there would be a 1,000 page expose in the Courant the very next day calling for UConn to drop all sports and close its doors for good.

Way of the world.

Reaction Score
Absolutely agree. Nobody is above playing dirty except maybe UConn. The state of CT practically went into a tailspin over a few missing laptops a long time ago. We even had to miss a postseason because of that indirectly. Meanwhile, our competition is funneling millions of dollars into dark web services and nobody gives a hoot. I'm sure if the Loughlin ladies offered UConn $10 for their daughters to be accepted here, there would be a 1,000 page expose in the Courant the very next day calling for UConn to drop all sports and close its doors for good.

Way of the world.

The obvious post.

Connecticut as a state and UCONN as a AD is in a world that is a cesspool. We either adapt and learn to compete; or pull a whaler. We are only a few years away from a NC in MBB and still a top WBB Program; the best College Baseball team in the Northeast; Football at a very competitive level; Hockey in the best conference. The tides around us are come of the worst cheating in sports. Suck it up ... or don't play. Cultural ... our communities in New England don't want to see the hookers, payola, dirt. Just win baby. We can put up with under inflating the football.

Reaction Score
The obvious post.

Connecticut as a state and UCONN as a AD is in a world that is a cesspool. We either adapt and learn to compete; or pull a whaler. We are only a few years away from a NC in MBB and still a top WBB Program; the best College Baseball team in the Northeast; Football at a very competitive level; Hockey in the best conference. The tides around us are come of the worst cheating in sports. Suck it up ... or don't play. Cultural ... our communities in New England don't want to see the hookers, payola, dirt. Just win baby. We can put up with under inflating the football.
Exactly.... couldn't have said it better. New England demands better.
Just win baby!!!!

Just like the New England Patriots!!!!! ;)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Meh, FSU decided to pick that moment in time to stop being Tobacco Road's bitch.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Dude, that so dark for you. Man we need some winning seasons here. The multi-sport suckfest is really wearing on us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger