OT: Peter Vescey | The Boneyard

OT: Peter Vescey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is Vescey still writing for the NY Post? I haven't noticed him in awhile. Did he retire?

Reaction Score
They probably fired him. He sucked.

Isn't he the one who started the rumor about Caron Butler having a bullet lodged in his knee?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He probably choked on his own bile.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've been reading him for over 30 years. He can be prickly, but he had good insights and info. He also took care of his mother when she was very old and infirm.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Didn't Mike Francesa eat him?

Reaction Score
I've been reading him for over 30 years. He can be prickly, but he had good insights and info. He also took care of his mother when she was very old and infirm.
From what I remember about Vescey he did have some good insight but also reported a lot of things that were wrong and when he happened to hit on one good one he wouldn't let you forget it. It was almost like he was throwing a lot of stuff against the wall and once in a while something would stick.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
From what I remember about Vescey he did have some good insight but also reported a lot of things that were wrong and when he happened to hit on one good one he wouldn't let you forget it. It was almost like he was throwing a lot of stuff against the wall and once in a while something would stick.

I don't think he was that type, his record was better than that. He wasn't 100% but I felt the stuff he missed was offered in good faith. I know he was no angel and had the occasional cheap shot. I still remember one of his best putdowns, he said, "I hope someone does for you and your family what Bob Ryan does for the Boston Celtics."

Reaction Score
Peter Vescey laid the blueprint for guys like Chris Broussard to report boolsh*t by quoting "sources". Vescey has always been a hack to me, guy reported trades every year that never even came close to fruition.

Reaction Score
Peter Vescey laid the blueprint for guys like Chris Broussard to report boolsh*t by quoting "sources". Vescey has always been a hack to me, guy reported trades every year that never even came close to fruition.
I think you're being a little hard on Broussard.

He does an excellent job quoting Twitter posts in his reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom